• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! If I don't sign can they still charge a fee?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! If I don't sign can they still charge a fee?

Can someone please help me and put my mind at rest?

Yesterday I stupidly agreed to a CMC sending me a claim form pack for me to sign to see if I have any Outstanding PPI claim. I have since realised this was a mistake and don't want to proceed. I don't even have their papers yet.

If I don't sign and return the papers can they still raise a fee against me, if only because they sent them?

Thanks in anticipation

Joanne
    Tags: None

Re: Help! If I don't sign can they still charge a fee?

Hi Joanne, They shouldn't no, as you haven't signed their agreement or any letter of authority. I have a number of claim packs from various firms ( and just can't answer my phone ever again lol )

Can you say which firm it is and I'll have a mooch at their terms. If you want to be absolutely certain though we could write a letter of cancellation and send to them so they are under no misapprehension that they are in an agreement with you.

Welcome to the forum

xxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much for your quick response. I'm just so annoyed with myself for even listening to them, I NEVER do this normally.

The company is helpyourclaim.com and I've had just 2 texts from them so far saying that the forms are in the post. I have looked at the T&Cs, but can't make my mind up about the actual charges as they talk about a 14 day cooling off period, but don't specify when that starts, or at least that I can see. If you would be happy to look them up and advise I'd be most grateful and then I can decide on whether any letter would be warranted.

Again, many thanks

Joanne

Comment

Just checking them out xx

Business Details

Business Name: Help Your Claim Limited Address: 86 Deansgate
        Town/City: MANCHESTER Postcode: M3 2ER County: Greater Manchester
        Trading Names: HYC Sector: Financial products/services Authorisation Number: CRM20438

Help Your Claim Limited is being investigated by the Claims Management Regulator under regulation 35 of The Compensation (Claims Management Services) Regulations 2006.

HYC's fee of 30% plus VAT - so if you had a refund of £1000 it would cost you £360.

''there will be no fee within the 14 days cooling off period.''

Customer Service, Help Your Claim, 2nd Floor, 86Deansgate, M32ER, telephone 0333 344 3440 or email cs@helpyourclaim.com.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I think you are absolutely fine, but to be extra doubly sure send them something like this; by email and stick a letter in the post too if you like. Basically, if in doubt CANCEL formally.

Dear Helpyourclaim,

REFERENCE xxxxxxxxxxxxx (if they gave you one)

On XXXXXXXXXX I received a telephone call from your sales team. I agreed with them they could send me more details and a 'claim pack' for my perusal before making a decision whether to sign up with your firm to assist in reclaiming any PPI I may have been missold in the past.

I do not wish to proceed with any claim through your company and request you cancel any agreement you may believe to be in place and remove my details from your database.

For the avoidance of doubt I am cancelling any services / contract / agreement with HelpYourClaim.com or any associated companies and am doing so within 14 days. Therefore I do not expect to receive any charges, or further contact, from your firm.

My details are;
          XXXNAMEXXXXXXXXXX
          TELEPHONE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
          ADDRESS XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I would be grateful if you could confirm, in writing, that any agreement has been cancelled and that I am not liable to your company for any fees.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you Amethyst, bearing in mind the information you have posted here I think I'll take your advice and send the email and letter, just to be sure.

I am most grateful for your time and effort.

Best regards

Joanne

Comment

No worries Once you've done that... do you have a claim for misselling PPI do you think ? We could give you a hand to do it yourself ( it is really easy)

(I'll add this firm to our comparison tables on http://lbcompare.co.uk/compare-claim...e-ppi-reclaim/ so it's easier to find the info for others xx)
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's the the thing, I don't believe that I have a claim, now I've had time to think about it. I always ignore these calls because I have never consciously opted for one of these agreements when taking out mortgages or loans/credit cards. They almost convinced me last night that altough I didn't knowingly take out a PPI, that the bank may have taken the money anyway. Having slept on it I don't believe the bank would have done that and that I wouldn't have known, so in short NO I don't think that I have a claim.

Thanks for your offer of help though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X