• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

conditional fee agreement help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conditional fee agreement help

Hi, i hope someone can help.

I had an accident and filled out my details online for some solicitors firm or so i thought.

Anyway to cut a long story short someone contacted me and i gave them all my details etc about the accident. They emailed me the forms including the conditional fee agreement. The CFA did not have a reference number on it or the name of a solicitors firm.

It had my name on it and accident date but the company name on there was not for a solicitor. I googled the name and it came back as a claims company.

What i'm asking is what should be on the CFA?

My name?
    Accident details?
    Reference?

I signed and returned the CFA without paying to much attention (my fault). Im wondering will this claim company now sell on my claim to a solicitors firm?

Where do i stand?
    Tags: None

Re: conditional fee agreement help

Hi, What is the name of this claims company?
    There should I think be the terms of the CFA i.e. percentage they intend to take from any compensation at least.

Comment

Re: conditional fee agreement help

Im really sorry i dont really want to tarnish anyones name. It does look near enough identical to the ones provided by the law society on there website after my research. The % is 25% which im ok with, just wondering what the legal requirements are of the CFA and if they could now sell me on to someone else so to speak?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X