• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bentley&Co, license suspended but paid up front?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentley&Co, license suspended but paid up front?

Hi just a little advice, I appreciate it might be too little too late. A large sum was paid to this company, Bentley and Co regarding PPI on a credit card that was missold. I've seen on the OFT website they have had their authorisation suspended. I also discovered this when a letter sent to cancel my agreement with them was returned to sender as their offices are vacated. Now the sum was paid on a credit card, and my card company is looking into this to see if they can get any of the money back, but is there anything at all that I can do to get this money back? Or is it lost down a large black hole? Any advice would be appreciated but obviously Im thinking its a lost cause so its a case of 'told you so' or something, its understandable.

Re: Bentley&Co, license suspended but paid up front?

Hi SkyHigh,

Re your credit card provider & refunds, some excellent info here:-

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=18219
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Bentley&Co, license suspended but paid up front?

Hi Skyhigh

Firstly, a very warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

It is highly unlikely that if they have been suspended from the MOJ that the company has any assets. but this can be checked?

For your information the Ministry of Justice do not recomend paying up front fees or that they cold call you. So how did you make contact with this company or did they cold call you?

How long ago did you part with your money via credit card?

How much did you pay them?

I would contact your credit card company and the company you had the PPI with to check with them if any monies were paid over to this company. Our experiences here have shown that credit card refunds have been reported as being received from as little as 9 days from a claim being sent in. There is a good chance that the credit card company may have already paid out on this claim in which case it may be that this company may have withheld your money which if that is the case it will be a matter for trading standards/ Police and possibly the courts if this company has any assets.

With PPI this can be reclaimed using the facilities on this site PPI -http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/forumdisplay.php also credit cards http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...splay.php?f=33
      Have a goid read through the various posts within those links and you will find that it is fairly easy to reclaim and that what you reclaim will be 100% yours.

If your claims have not already been settled, may I suggest that you start a thread in the relevant forums as posted above ie PPI or and Credit Cards, then other experienced peeps will be able to guide you with your claims.

If you also answer some of my questions above that would be useful.

Tuttsi

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X