• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lord Hunt report into 'fringes of legality' CMCs ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Hunt report into 'fringes of legality' CMCs ?

Anyone got a copy of the full 115 page document.

http://www.legalregulationreview.com...rt%20FINAL.pdf

It WAS there
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Lord Hunt report into 'fringes of legality' CMCs ?

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...unt_report.pdf

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Anyone got a copy of the full 115 page document.

http://www.legalregulationreview.com...rt%20FINAL.pdf

It WAS there

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi, Nope not that one, looking for the legal services report published last week.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Err Ame it's still there..

But just for you here it is again

Comment

damn the site must have been down over the half hour or so I was trying to get it

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU xxx

Expect lots of pointless nonsense postings to bore you all later
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just been informed by Client Consumer Litigation Solicitors i.e. (Cartel ltd) that my credit card case has been picked by a lord Justice at Manchester Court as a test case on defination of a true copy?
            Case held on 30th November will let you know out come and I will ask for case papers if I'm aloud and pass them on to forum they may be helpful?

Comment

good news iggotts

Did CCLS indicate whether they are saying yours is or isn't a true copy ?

any news on your other claims?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Some bits from Lord Hunts report which scan nicely in with the Claims Management Regulators last impact assessment report.

48. I recommend that the Claims Management regulator should come fully under the
                aegis of the LSB as soon as is practical.

I am concerned too about the “grey area” of regulation between the SRA and the team deals with Claims Management Companies, many of which offer non-reserved legal advice services.

The role these organisations perform is sometimes perceived as that of a 'middle man' between claimant and solicitor, or as that of a "farmer" who "harvests" compensation cases. This work is not a reserved legal activity, so many of these companies, whilst employing 'lawyers', do not employ anyone who was regulated by a legal regulator. Nonetheless these firms do operate on the fringes of the legal services
                market – many of the cases with which they deal ultimately come before a court – and when the Compensation Act 2006 introduced regulation of the claims management sector for the first time, it was envisaged that the front-line regulator of CMCs would ultimately operate under the oversight authority of the then proposed LSB. At the time of writing, the Secretary of State for Justice is still the nominal regulator, but day-to-day responsibility lies with the Head of Claims Management Regulation, operating from within the Ministry of Justice. The LSB will soon be fully operational so this is a timely juncture at which to consider how and on what timescale the Government's original intention can now be enacted.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X