• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tucan Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucan Claims

If you are considering taking a claim with relative newcomers Tucan Claims do some research:- Tucan Claims - Charges

Tucan Claims charge a review fee of £249.99 and a backend fee of 10%.

Business Name: Karis Serena Roberts
    Address:1 Tudor Woods Cwmbran Cwmbran Torfaen NP44 8SN
    Trading Names:Tucan Claims
    Sector:Financial products/services,
    Authorisation Number:CRM19883

Loans and Mortgages 4U - registrant of domains

name servers on

Name Server: NS1.AMISCONTROL.NET
    Amis Control 1 Tudor Woods, Llanyrafon, Cwmbran, NP44 8SN

Checkpoint Marketing Limited, 1 Tudor Woods, Llanyrafon, Cwmbran, NP44 8SN.

Geraint Lee registrant of domains above is director of Homeowner and Tenant Loans Ltd (a pay us £49.99 and we might get you a loan from somewhere company) which is in Liquidation.

Linked address 10-12 DUNRAVEN PLACE, BRIDGEND, CF31 1JD (their accountants I believe)

and
    roberts, mel it@amiscontrol.net
    1 Tudor Woods
    Llanyravon
    Cwmbran, NP44 8SN
    GB

Working out if its the same Mel Roberts involved with Yes Loans AND BLUE SKY (also based in Cwmbran )
    )

hope that helps

Sometimes I do wonder about the MOJ and claims regualtion and how much they actually look at these companies they are authorising to run claims companies.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 19th September 2009, 10:06:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Tucan Claims

Just an update to this one

Geraint Lee registrant of domains above is director of Homeowner and Tenant Loans Ltd (a pay us £49.99 and we might get you a loan from somewhere company) which is in Liquidation.

Geraint Lee Swansea Financial products/services Authorisation Cancelled 14/01/2011
    otherwise known as Zebra Claims and Online Claims Company
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I was cold-called yesterday by TOUCAN (Bristol).

Same spiel as Tucan ("We recently sent you a claims pack........" - yeah, right!!)

Same bunch?

(Seems to have a 'litigation expert', asian-sounding chap, name of Vincent Jones!)
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Any connection with Finance U Guaranteed Loans Swansea and Penarth?

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
          Any connection with Finance U Guaranteed Loans Swansea and Penarth?

I don't know, Caspar, but an info pack was delivered earlier today - from TUCAN (not Toucan).
          ? - the call centre bod actually spelt it T_O_U_C_A_N ("like the bird", he said!).

The other one (Mr Jones, the 'litigation' expert) didn't mention anything about the required £250 up-front fee on the 'phone, though!!

He did say to check their website - I did, but via Google search!

So, it might be from Tucan/Toucan, but it fits nicely in the bottom of the budgie's cage!
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I was contacted by Tucan on Tuesday, Simone (clearly an asian lady) who just talked and talked non stop about how they could claim back credit card charges for me. I asked how she got my phone number and she said "why". I told her I had signed up to TPS and shouldn't be getting cold calls. "This is not a cold call, I'm offering you a service" !!!

She then transferred me to her supervisor Samantha (another asian lady). Let her rabbit on and dig herself further into a hole. She was very insistant that I go to their website and also to the MOJ website to check that they were regulated and that they were backed by the government. Gave me their reg no CRM23165. I asked for their address which was in Bristol and their phone number 0844 774 4175. She also said that Martin Lewis recommended them. She said they charge £249.99 on the credit card they're getting charges back for you and a further 10% on final settlement. I told her I was quite capable of doing all of this myself, but I would check out their company and to call me back on Wednesday, not heard another word since.

I rang MOJ and reported them and was given a ref number. They advised to report them to ICO and TPS, also said Martin Lewis wouldn't be too impressed. MOJ said they would be monitoring them, but they were entitled to offer their services, but not by cold calling. They have to send paperwork about their charges before taking any payments. I said they give a false impression that they come highly recommended and some more guilible folk may get ripped off. So I guess the more people who report them, something may come of it.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              I don't know, Caspar, but an info pack was delivered earlier today - from TUCAN (not Toucan).
              ? - the call centre bod actually spelt it T_O_U_C_A_N ("like the bird", he said!).

The other one (Mr Jones, the 'litigation' expert) didn't mention anything about the required £250 up-front fee on the 'phone, though!!
              Perhaps he didn't believe that was necessary?

After all, the one feature one associates with a toucan...

... is a big bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis View Post
                I was contacted by Tucan on Tuesday, Simone (clearly an asian lady) who just talked and talked non stop about how they could claim back credit card charges for me. I asked how she got my phone number and she said "why". I told her I had signed up to TPS and shouldn't be getting cold calls. "This is not a cold call, I'm offering you a service" !!!
                To which one might reply that one did not wish to be serviced by them.

She then transferred me to her supervisor Samantha (another asian lady). Let her rabbit on and dig herself further into a hole. She was very insistant that I go to their website and also to the MOJ website to check that they were regulated ... She also said that Martin Lewis recommended them.
                I doubt that.

I rang MOJ and reported them and was given a ref number. They advised to report them to ICO and TPS, also said Martin Lewis wouldn't be too impressed.
                Perhaps you misheard her and the nice Chinese rady learry said "Martin Rewis"?

Comment

see amethyst's post
                  Last edited by leclerc; 8th July 2011, 11:09:AM.
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi,

Have had this message from Wendy at MSE.

Thanks for getting all that info for us bigsis, it's really useful and we're going to look into it. It'd be great if you, or anyone else who's been told by Tucan that we recommend them – which quite obviously is utterly untrue - would get in touch with me at MSE so that we could ask you a few more questions. Thanks again, MSE Wendy

We won our case against MoneyClaimingExpert this week (news story to go up later toady I think) so we don’t want another company to take their place!

Thanks again for letting me know

Wendy

Campaigns Co-ordinator

MoneySavingExpert.com
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Cleverclogs

They were Indian ladies not chinese, but as you rightly say I didn't need "servicing" by them!!!! Now a tall handsome young man........lol !!!!

Comment

Hi Amethyst

Thanks for passing on Wendys message, I'd be happy to speak to her. How do I get in touch, does she have an email address?

Comment

Ahh good point, if you aren't a member of MSE then of course you won't be able to pm her there. I'll pm you xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Tall, Handsome, Good Looking Young Man at the ready!!!!!!

It really angers me when I read about a bunch of clowns like these and it's no wonder it's giving our industry a bad reputation. I run a CMC for a living (and had my eyes opened with some of the things I've read about some of my fellow CMC's getting up to on LB!).

This lot are one to definately avoid - which is clear from their T&C's before you even look at the way they operate.

I do Credit Card charges for my clients for free - cos they're easy. My average claim size is £400 for UFC's on a credit card, so you've only got to look at the figures to see their service doesn't stack up.

If they charge £250 upfront and 10% on the backend, then for the average £400 claim - you're going to pay £290 to this lot and get benefit of £110 for yourself. Add onto that that the charges are going to be charged back onto the credit card and you've got to find the £290 out of your own pocket - you can see why I'm shaking my head whilst I'm writing this.

Rather than pay a bunch of muppets to do this for you, anyone who wants their cc charges back - send your cc company this letter:

Dear Credit Card Company,

I write with reference to the default charges that have been applied on the above credit card account.

In English law, it is unlawful to profit financially from a penalty charge that is applied for a breach of contract, therefore, unless you can adequately prove that your true cost for the breach in incurring the said charges, I am requesting a return of all default charges that have been placed on my account, and as I have been unlawfully deprived of this money, I am also requesting interest at the statutory rate.

I draw your attention to the OFT investigation to unfair charges in 2006. The OFT made clear that it would not actively investigate any company which charged £12 or less for a default charge, however, it also made it clear that it did not consider that £12 was a fair charge.

Unless you can demonstrate your charges fully, I am requesting a return of all charges as detailed above.

I look forward to your response in due course,

Yours,

Mr/Mrs. Cardholder.

There you go - it's that simple.

A lot of decent CMC's don't really go for UFC claims on credit cards because they're so easy, however, I'll send my bill for £290 to everyone who reads this post though - please make all payments payable to The Big Dog.

Many thanks,

TBD

Comment

Hi TBD

Thanks for your response and nice to hear from an honest CMC (and a tall, handsome, good looking young man - what a bonus lol).

I appreciate there are good guys out there doing a good job. I'm sure alot of folk on here will be grateful for suggested letter. I guess you better get ready for all those cheques coming your way, don't forget my commission!

Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X