• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Member - cento client review??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - cento client review??

Hi every one .... im new here, its great to be a member and im hoping i can get a bit of help here.

I think i posted my questions in the wrong place - on a different thread about cento client review .. but this is what i had to say.........
    have a gr8 day
    grace

Hi,
    I had a call today from centro client review. They wanted 149.99 to make ppi claims on my mortgage, welcome finance loan and any other cards etc i have had. they also mention the ministry of defence , 18 reasons i may have a claim and said i would need to be sent a pack and fill in a cca74 to give permission for them to access my details or documents needed from the companies we would reclaim from.
    I was told it would be on a no win no fee basis and pay 25% of what was reclaimed. They were calling from wales and said it would all be sorted out with in 90 days when i coompllete the cca74.

centro claim review said they deal with up tp 15 things at the same time.

I also had a call a couple of weeks ago from a similar company called claim back direct or something of the like, who wanted 100 pounds to do the same thing , but it was only for your mortgage or loan not all your finances.

Do you think it would be a mistake to use this company?
    I understand you can do these things yourself but with little knowledge, understanding or time due to my young family it would be difficult to do myself.
    R there any decent and ligitimate companies who do this sort of work for you? if so what would be reaasonable for them to be charging?

Any help or advice would be gratefully received

Kindest Regards
    Grace (new user)

Re: New Member - cento client review??

Hi again Grace.

I have replied to you on the cento thread.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Think they meant Ministry of Justice. The £149.99 I don't think would cover your fee for all your different products. The 18 reasons is something comes up a lot and I assume this is the prescribed terms etc which they check on your agreements.

Not sure what a CCA74 is. Consumer Credit Act 1974 is the legislation used to argue unenforceability of agreements. I assume they are referring to a letter of authority.

No Win No Fee is funny, considering the £149.99 up front charge.

90 days is a bit optimistic.

okay so other than that they have no idea what they are talking about and are simply call centre monkeys (sorry call centre workers) who get muddled between PPI, chrges and unenforceable credit.... what issues do you have with your debts?

You can do the first bit of work yourself quite easily, basically all they do is send off a CCa request to your lenders/creditors and wait for the agreements. When they arrive they will assess them for enforcability (or look to see if all the terms that need to be on the agreements are there) then pass it over to another claims company, who pass it to a no win no fee solicitors.

PPI is simple to reclaim - its basically send a letter, get a refund. 89% of claims entered with the Financial Ombudsman last year were found in the consumers favour - so not a lot of risk of losing really. Cost - £0.28 (or whatever a stamp is these days)

Charges on credit cards etc - probably a couple of letters. Possibly a £10 Data protection act fee.

Welcome Finance - I would assume they would look at PPI or unenforceability - this is a CCA letter to get the agreement

You can set the ball rolling yourself, we have all the letters you need, then when you get a reply just come back and ask the next step. If you then feel you can';t manage things you can look again at the CMCs (there are some okay ones about) or going direct to a No Win no Fee SOLICITOR.

hope I havent confused you have rambled a bit I know sorry

and crossed posts with Wendy, lol.

anyhoo, first step is to list your creditors and what the position is on each of them then we can point you the right way for what letter to send to each
      Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd June 2009, 14:07:PM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

PPI is simple to reclaim - its basically send a letter, get a refund. 89% of claims entered with the Financial Ombudsman last year were found in the consumers favour - so not a lot of risk of losing really. Cost - £0.28 (or whatever a stamp is these days)
        Well I must be one of the 11% then, cos Crap One told me to bog off. Never took it to the FOS though. Might resurrect it for something to do.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Hi i thought id put my other post in here and write in here in future to keep things simpler....

Do you know what i would need to check on the agreement with welc ome and where i could find the letters etc?

thank you so much ladies.

Hi wendy,

thank you for your advice and support, i thought iwas busy!! you go girl.

the thing is, i didnt have any idea about a problem with mortgage ppi or any problems with the halifax, untill this guy mentioned it today.

I did however have a thought that i have somehow been over charged with a secured loan i took out with welcome finance.

My partner and I had a £7,500 loan at end of 2006 in 2007 we applied to increase the loan by a further £7,500.

They basically paid off the old loan at this point and put it al linto one new one, various insurance etc were added on.

I called them a few months ago to find out what i would have to pay if iwanted to pay off the loan and they said the outstanding balance was £19,000.

I understand there are interest charges to pay on money you borrow but have been paying £265 a month for at least 2 years. this seems steep to me !!! so, i think i may have been overcharged on the insurances, which they added as alump sum to the loan.
          I dont have the originalpaper work but have requested a copy from them.

They said they can send info for this loan , but not the original one which was paid off (by them). ?? i dont know why.

Do you think i could get any of this back or at least knocked off the total that i owe them??

Thanks for the advice about cento i will steer clear.

Grace
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          thank you Amethyst for your post that has made things a bit clearer.

ewhere would i find information on this:

"Welcome Finance - I would assume they would look at PPI or unenforceability - this is a CCA letter to get the agreement"

???
          kindest regards
          grace
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Ha! :-)
          yeah, thay did mean the ministry of justice, it wwas me who said defence..DER! LOL
          Last edited by grace; 3rd June 2009, 14:27:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

first step is to do a full SAR (subject access request) on Welcome finance as well as a consumer credit act request for a copy of your agreement.

this is the letter you would send. you have to send £10 with it made payable to welcome and list both your account numbers (old one and new one)

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
            SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam
            Name xxxxxxxxxxxx
            Account No’sXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
            Previous Address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems.

I request you supply me with all information held as is my entitlement under the Data Protection Act. this should include but not be limited to:-

- a complete list of transactions. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or associated accounts is acceptable.

-Full copies of all contracts/agreements which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

-Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIALTELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.
            Yours faithfully

Also send them a CCA request with a £1 cheque; as its still with the original creditor then no need for too heavy a letter.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− 000000000000

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

they should comply with that within around 2 weeks, and the Subject access request within 40 days.

then you will have a good picture of whats occured on your account, any PPI or Charges, how the transfer to new account when you upped the amount was dealt with and calculated, and what options are open to you in dealing with it.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you amethyst,

I just called them to get account numbers etc and will send the letters tommorrow.

They didnt mention the money need though!! maybe they thought it would take longer if they didnt mention it, do you think postal orders will do?

I really appreciate your help, It seems like a lot of people use these forums, your like a godsend.

I will let you know what happens next.

kindest regards

Grace

Comment

Hi Grace - Did you go through with using their sevices? Do we have to wait 12 weeks to see if you have any progress?

Comment

Originally posted by BeagleEagle View Post
                  Hi Grace - Did you go through with using their sevices? Do we have to wait 12 weeks to see if you have any progress?
                  12 weeks? where's that come from?

Grace said in an earlier post that she wasn't going to use Cento, so can only presume she hasn't.
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Ok, I mis read, I though she was going through Cento, they say on their website "The process of checking to see if you are entitled to a claim is approximately 12 weeks from the date your payment was taken." - Apologies

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                      Hi again Grace.

I have replied to you on the cento thread.
                      I have had experience of this company, calling themselves Money Claiming Experts. They cold called me on my mobile and somehow convinced us to part with £399 which would be returned whether applications were successful or not for PPIs. Why I agreed so readily to part with this up front payment still baffles me, as normally, I would have more sense. Anyway, they sent their forms to us to be completed for each PPI we were claiming, along with a letter stating terms and conditions. I had already been told of their 14 day cooling off period, and, having read all the negative comments on this website about them, I decided to cancel on the 11th day. I called them to state this and was told to send all the information packs back with an accompanying letter stating the reasons why I wished to cancel. I thought that they were making it a little difficult to get our money refunded, but nonetheless, agreed to do this. I sent the letter on the same day and two weeks later my husband told me that he had not received the money back into his account. I ended up phoning them and having an argument with a manager, Mike Jones, who told me that they received the letter after the 14 day cooling off period and that my phone call stating that I wished to cancel, was irrelevant. No one had told me this when I called them!! We are, therefore, in the process of trying to get our money back via our bank, as the amount was paid from my husband's credit card. The reason I am writing this, is to warn anyone else off from dealing with any company calling themselves Money Claiming Experts/Client Centro Review. Why are they asking for money up front and why are they cold calling clients?

Fiona

Comment

Hi Fiona

When you sent them back the pack and the letter cancelling did you send this by special/recorded delivery? if you did you would be able to track this and find out what date they signed for the cancelation.

Have you now received back your refund? how long ago did you request a refund.

I would now send them a recorded/special delivery letter demanding your refund within 7 days. If they do not refund you in full then I would take out a money claim and sue them for the return of your money.

Tuttsi

ps please also read this fact sheet

Claims Management Regulator Fact Sheet – delays in providing a service

This factsheet gives help and guidance if you have paid a claims management business for a service that has not been provided.

I’ve paid a claims management business a fee and have heard nothing further- what should I do?

You should first contact the business providing the service as they should be made aware of the problem you are experiencing. They are required to reply to any contact you make within a reasonable time. You may wish to do so in writing by recorded delivery so that you know they have received your letter.

Can I seek a refund?

This will depend on the terms of the contract you signed with the business. If the business has not provided the service within a reasonable time then they might be in breach of contract and you can ask for a refund.

Can I complain?

All businesses are required to have a complaints handling procedure. If you do not have a copy of this you should request it from the business or you can obtain a copy from the businesses website. Consumer Direct has help and advice about how to write a letter of complaint. You can contact them on 0845 404 0506 or look at the website Consumer Direct - Making a complaint

I have tried to contact the business to complain but they have not replied. What can I do?

If you do not receive a satisfactory response from the business, you may be able to pursue your concerns with the claims management regulator. Let us know when you contracted with the business, any contact you have had with them and what you have done to contact them.

Did you pay the fee by credit card?

If you did pay by credit card and you believe the business is in breach of contract, for instance by failing to provide any service at all, you may be able to seek a refund direct from your credit card company. You should contact your credit card company and they will be able to advise if you have a claim. Consumer Direct also has useful advice on how to request a refund. Consumer Direct - Template Letter No.1 - Use when Goods and Services have been bought on credit

Via website: Contact Us - Claims Management Regulation

By e-mail: info@claimsregulation.gov.uk
                        By telephone: 0845 4506858 / 01283 233309
                        In writing: MCU, 57-60 High Street, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1JS.

Originally posted by fiona larkins View Post
                        I have had experience of this company, calling themselves Money Claiming Experts. They cold called me on my mobile and somehow convinced us to part with £399 which would be returned whether applications were successful or not for PPIs. Why I agreed so readily to part with this up front payment still baffles me, as normally, I would have more sense. Anyway, they sent their forms to us to be completed for each PPI we were claiming, along with a letter stating terms and conditions. I had already been told of their 14 day cooling off period, and, having read all the negative comments on this website about them, I decided to cancel on the 11th day. I called them to state this and was told to send all the information packs back with an accompanying letter stating the reasons why I wished to cancel. I thought that they were making it a little difficult to get our money refunded, but nonetheless, agreed to do this. I sent the letter on the same day and two weeks later my husband told me that he had not received the money back into his account. I ended up phoning them and having an argument with a manager, Mike Jones, who told me that they received the letter after the 14 day cooling off period and that my phone call stating that I wished to cancel, was irrelevant. No one had told me this when I called them!! We are, therefore, in the process of trying to get our money back via our bank, as the amount was paid from my husband's credit card. The reason I am writing this, is to warn anyone else off from dealing with any company calling themselves Money Claiming Experts/Client Centro Review. Why are they asking for money up front and why are they cold calling clients? They should not be cold calling you and they should not be taking up front fees, so the MOJ state on their web site. Yet the MOJ continue to authorise them and they continue to trade in this way.

Fiona
                        Last edited by TUTTSI; 20th July 2010, 21:45:PM. Reason: added fact sheet

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Tuttsi. Unfortunately, I was not advised to send my letter recorded delivery, and stupidly, did not do so. I have since sent them a letter recorded delivery complaining about their tactics, but, as I said, had a phone message back from the very person with whom I had argued on the phone, stating exactly the same as before ie. that I had not followed the procedure and was not entitled to a refund. I saw little point in returning his call, only to go through exactly the same again.

Comment

Fiona

As I said in my earlier post, please send them a 7 day letter by recorded delivery demanding the return of your money, give them the date you advised them that you wished to cancel, the date you actually sent the pack back and advise them that it was sent within the 14 days ( I assume that this is correct). Advise them that you intend to claim against them for the return of monies paid and all court cost will be passed to them.

Tuttsi

Comment

I have had no luck with the bank, who just sent a letter stating that the company did not receive my letter within the 14 day cooling off period so there is nothing the bank can do to recover our money, as we have breached the terms of the contract! Therefore, despite the fact I phoned the company on the 11th day to cancel does this not count? Will I be wasting yet more money trying to re claim this amount? In other words, how do I stand legally, if I cannot prove the date that I sent the letter, even though the letter was dated the same date as the phone conversation?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X