• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !!!! - Orfoster v Lloyds Bank Charges in Hardship case - court 28/1 - WON !!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VIP - Orfoster v Lloyds Bank Charges in Hardship BCOBS case - court 28/1

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
    Sorry, I didn't phrase that very well.

Currently at no risk of costs.

Appeal (either way) costs become an issue.

But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, if we have an opening in bank charges, lets just say it would be money well spent.

http://www.law-lords.com/akhtar-v-bo...-court-appeal/

M1

Comment

Re: VIP - Orfoster v Lloyds Bank Charges in Hardship BCOBS case - court 28/1

Still nothing from the Court, not sure what the Judge is doing. At least he's obviously considering the detail...

Comment

Re: VIP - Orfoster v Lloyds Bank Charges in Hardship case - court 28/1

I am absolutely delighted to announce my case succeeded in Court!!! What a win!! Find out more here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...nk-Charge-Case

:juge::incourt:

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Thank to everyone on this fantastic forum for their help!!

You've all been amazing

Comment

Congratulations !!!

and congrats on your recent nuptials too xxxxxxxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Congrats, good to see a local winner!

Comment

Re: Orfoster v Lloyds Bank Charges in Hardship case - court 28/1

Hello,
                  Just to let everyone know that as of this morning, ALL adverse information has been removed in relation to this account from my credit file with all credit reference agencies

Hmmm, I wonder if the principle re adverse information would apply to an old NatWest current account I had where there were late payment markers...

Comment

That was easy... I expected you to have to fight a bit to get them to remove the markers despite the judgment. Wonder if that's indicative they are just going to keep their heads down and not appeal then

NatWest .... was it the same situation with regards a payment arrangement before you defaulted? Did you start a thread on it?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      That was easy... I expected you to have to fight a bit to get them to remove the markers despite the judgment. Wonder if that's indicative they are just going to keep their heads down and not appeal then
                      We shall see what happens between now and 11 September, I don't believe we will hear the last of it either way

NatWest .... was it the same situation with regards a payment arrangement before you defaulted? Did you start a thread on it?
                      Yes I was in an arrangement, interestingly though from my reading of page 36/37 of the judgment, the judge said irrespective of the situation re ICO advice, because the term was unfair in my first limb of claim, the defendant would and I quote
                      85. If I am wrong to conclude that the Defendant was not entitled to file a default against the Claimant for the reasons which I have set out above, it must, nevertheless follow that, having, under the first limb of the Claimants claim, held that the term in question to be unfair, the Defendant must, for that reason, not have been entitled to do so either under Principle 1(a) or Principle 4 of the Act so that for those reasons the Claimant's claim would still succeed.
                      I think that's such an amazing bit!!

Comment

Does anyone have any statistics regarding the impact of both credit card and bank charges????

Comment

Originally posted by orfoster View Post
                          Just to let everyone know that as of this morning, ALL adverse information has been removed in relation to this account from my credit file with all credit reference agencies
                          Nice one. Was it Lloyds who instigated the removal or had you contacted the CRAs yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by orfoster View Post
                            Does anyone have any statistics regarding the impact of both credit card and bank charges????
                            In what respect?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                              Nice one. Was it Lloyds who instigated the removal or had you contacted the CRAs yourself?
                              I did contact the CRA's on Friday but I'm not sure they acted so promptly and think it was Lloyds who were pro-active.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                                In what respect?
                                Just in terms of numbers really, what I'd quite like to know and I'm sure perhaps I will know when Tom gets back but how many people in the UK have suffered, what was the average total charges?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X