• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mini Credit / Opos / Kapama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Credit / Opos / Kapama

Hello,

I have checked my credit report and have a recurring default for a debt back in 2012 originally through Mini Credit for £200. It then got passed through to Opos in 2012 with an escalated amount of £1800. At this point I buried my head in the sand as there was no way I could afford to pay this back.

Is there anything I can do or anyone I can contact? I need to get my credit back on track and this is a dark cloud over my report.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Originally posted by Joey91p View Post
    I have checked my credit report and have a recurring default for a debt back in 2012 originally through Mini Credit for £200. It then got passed through to Opos in 2012 with an escalated amount of £1800. At this point I buried my head in the sand as there was no way I could afford to pay this back.

Is there anything I can do or anyone I can contact?

If the account was defaulted in 2012 (and that's not clear from your post) then the whole entry should be removed from your CRA file exactly six years from the day it was registered i.e. 2018 (this year).

If you last paid anything towards this account in 2012 then it may be getting close to Statute Barred (that may depend on the remedy date of the DN or the actual date it was defaulted if it was).

If you start to complain about the CRA entry now (before the six years is up) then you may attract the current debt owner's attention so that they issue a court claim to beat the SB clock.

So perhaps you need to do some discrete background research before you make an official approach.

Di

Comment

Hi

I know a decent amount about minicredit and OPOS/kapama

I agree with Diana M totally when I say , if they are not chasing you, do not rock the boat . The default will fall off 6 years after the date it was first entered.

Now minicredit were not good at sending Default Notices out or any other notices come to that. When they ceased trading you should have been informed in writing by post what had happened to your account.

You say it was passed to OPOS, was this just for collection?

On your credit file who actually are reporting it now?

You may find this interesting, its the agreement that minicredit made with the FCA when they ceased trading microcredit-vreq.pdf ​​​​​​​

Comment

Thank you for your responses.

warwick65 they could be contacting me however I had an old telephone number back then. The last email I received was from Kapama in June 2017 and it was a statement of the account.

”I refer to your outstanding balance previously owed to Microcredit Limited (www.minicredit.co.uk) as detailed above. For your information, please find a statement of your account attached.

It should be noted that this debt was purchased in December 2014 by Kapama Limited (FCA Registration Number 672065) and as a result is now being managed by Opos Limited (FCA Registration Number 693817). For your convenience, I have also attached a copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement that was issued at the time the line of credit was agreed.

In order to legally enforce this agreement in the future, we are obliged to provide this statement to you in accordance with Section 77a of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (As Amended 2006).”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X