• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please!!

Have you sent off the complaint? I would wait to see how that plays out. They can't start court action whilst you have an active complaint with them or with the Ombudsman. I suggest not making any payments at all until your complaint is resolved BUT put aside the amount you could afford to pay them so that is sitting there to help pay off some of the debt when the complaint is finished.

Comment

Hi and thanks [MENTION=19893]Deb[/MENTION]tcamel

yes complaint is in and acknowledged with MM

Does that mean they cannot try to repossess vehicle also as they don’t need court order to do that do they?

no problems re payment but should I tell them that I intend to withhold payment?

regards

Comment

what vehicle? you said it was a write off?

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=19893]Deb[/MENTION]tcamel

the payout hasn’t gone through yet as I rejected the offer made initially

due to Xmas they haven’t yet made a revised offer

i will be retaining the vehicle in any case as the salvage value is only £165

I also believe the insurance co will pay me not MM even though I have told them of their interest

regards

Comment

well it would seem to be unlikely they will try to repossess a vehicle with a scrap value of £165, but obviously I can't say that is impossible. Is it driveable?

I have no idea why you think the insurance company will pay you. A log book loan transfers the legal ownership of the car.

Comment

Yeah it is still driveable probably needs about 5-600 spending

insurance co told me cheque will be made to me. I did request that they pay me as per your advice initially and they have said they will???

Comment

Happy New Year all
                [MENTION=19893]Deb[/MENTION]tcamel

I have had an email from MM saying that there is no complaint that they know of and they cannot give me any concession

I replied with the details of email sent and they then replied with

”sorry we didn’t know about this but can see it now. Do I just need a lower repayment if so they can help”

obviously i I asked for a refund in full due to affordability issues as per your advice

my cynical mind says they are asking if I want lower payments in the hope that the complaint goes away.

What at do you think?

should I just wait for reply from complaint?

regards

Comment

I think waiting for the out come of the complaint would be a good idea as this also seems quite tangled up. Send the complaint to the Finanical Ombudsman if you aren't happy with their offer.

Comment

[MENTION=19893]Deb[/MENTION]tcamel

I received this email earlier from the account manager

"

Good afternoon Steve

You are currently £393.90 in arrears with another instalment of £221.95 due 22nd January 2018 meaning you will owe a total of £615.85 will be owed.

We don’t wish to add any undue pressure on to you but at this point we may look at taking further action if we don’t start receiving payments.* We need to set a payment arrangement up immediately to stop any potential action.

Kind regards

Jonathon"

What do you recommend i do?

Sorry to keep asking but i want to make sure i follow your advice accurately

kind regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X