• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Need financial help for a drop kerb

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need financial help for a drop kerb

    I am wanting to apply to the council to have a drop kerb extended so that I can have off road parking done.

    I am registered disabled and a blue badge holder.

    I've been refused a disabled parking bay outside my bungalow because its too close to a junction, even though its a culdesac and quiet.

    The issue is that my local council no longer does dropped kerbs themselves, I am having to get a private contractor in after getting initial approval.

    I've been quoted already 1000 exclusive of VAT which I feel is rather excessive.

    Its only needing to be extended by 3 metres which is not very much.

    Is there any grants out there for disabled blue badge holders to apply for help with the cost?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Need financial help for a drop kerb

    Hi Spellkaster ... have you looked into a Disabled Facilities Grant at all? https://www.gov.uk/disabled-facilities-grants/overview
    I'm not sure if it would apply for funding for a dropped kerb, but it's worth a try xx
    Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of.

    It doesn't matter where your journey begins, so long as you begin it...

    recte agens confido


    Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

    I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is kati@legalbeagles.info
    But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.

    Specialist advice can be sought via our sister site JustBeagle


    • #3
      Re: Need financial help for a drop kerb

      Thanks Kati, I will phone my local council and ask.

      No harm is there!?


      • #4
        Re: Need financial help for a drop kerb

        Try your local Social Services they may help you or the OT dept



        No announcement yet.

        upgrade to vip

        Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

        only £15/yr

        Offers available. No subscription traps.

        sign up now

        Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

        make a complaint

        Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

        Find a Law Firm