• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell’s second notice of CCJ (Vodafone)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell’s second notice of CCJ (Vodafone)

Morning all,

my my husband has just received a letter from Lowell’s in regards to a debt to Vodafone. the letter is regarding a Second Notice of Count Court Judgment Arrears.

The letter has been sent to a very old address and we are very confused about the debt. we are worried about what to do now.

Is there anyone from Vodafone who can help?
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell’s second notice of CCJ (Vodafone)

Tagging [MENTION=19723]Lee Vodafone Company Rep[/MENTION];

You will need to give the court a call and ask them for a copy of the judgment and claim - it is Northampton County Court Business Centre that you want, then you will need to look at applying for a set aside https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/ to have the judgment removed and have opportunity to defend the claim ( or settle it if it is valid ).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
      thank you for your reply,

the tagging did not work?

The current amount owed is £499 and we are confused about the process?
      i believe it costs £200+ to have a judgement set aside but then what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Re: Lowell’s second notice of CCJ (Vodafone)

Tagging [MENTION=19723]Lee Vodafone Company Rep[/MENTION];

You will need to give the court a call and ask them for a copy of the judgment and claim - it is Northampton County Court Business Centre that you want, then you will need to look at applying for a set aside https://legalbeagles.info/library/ho...-judgment-ccj/ to have the judgment removed and have opportunity to defend the claim ( or settle it if it is valid ).
        Hmmm try again, Lee Vodafone Company RepAhhh I posted it just before the upgrade and the tagging process has changed slightly, that'll be why xx Hopefully he'll look in now and give you a reference so you can find out about this debt.

Okay you have a Judgment against you that they have obtained in Default ( ie because you didn't respond to the claim form)
        It costs £255 ( insane amount ) to apply for the judgment to be set aside. You should be able to claim this money back off the claimant if you got the set aside. If you can get them to agree ( consent ) to the set aside first then the application would cost £100. If they don't consent to the set aside there is sometimes a hearing for the court to decide. It depends on the reasons you didn't get the claim in the first place.

If the Judgment is set aside then it would go back to the point whether you can defend the claim ( or settle it without the CCJ being on your records)

Do you know much about the debt at all ?
        Did you call court ?

The judgment was likely to have been for something like £50 a month installments, and as you haven't paid presumably Lowell are threatening enforcement action ( attachment of earnings / bailiff etc ?) so you do need to take action, whether it's apply to set aside or negotiate a settlement with Lowell - a couple of people have managed to negotiate a full settlement on the grounds they consent to the set aside recently so that might be worth looking into as well.

Really what you do depends how much having the CCJ on your credit file affects you for the next 6 years as to whether you need it gone or can live with it.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Oh wow, thank you for the in-depth information, that’s help a lot.

It it seems really bizarre to us as we are both on EE which is why we don’t understand where these Vodafone debt has arose from.

I will be calling the courts on Thursday as I will have a day off and my husband will struggle to make the call himself so I will support him.

it seems ridiculous to pay such a large amount for a debt which we are unaware off or had no correspondence and judgements are awarded. I cannot believe it happens.

Comment

Are there any template letters which I can send to Lowell in the meantime?

Comment

It is something being looked into at the moment by the powers that be -> http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...-change-things

I'll pop back a little bit later re replying to Lowell, just have to nip Daughter to a job interview.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you for your help!! I will take a look at the link tonight, good luck to your daughter for her interview

Comment

Hi CONFUSED10,

If you'd like me to check the account that the claim relates to, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
                  I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X