• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advance After Repo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swift Advance After Repo

Originally posted by sofi3353 View Post
    i suppose we have to wait 40 days for SAR to come back and then take it from there
    Not necessarily......knowing Swift like I do after they get your e-mail ...........they just might send your response pretty quick.
    We'll see.
    Sparkie

Comment

hope so

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
        This is what I have told sofi to send to Swift.
        I just could not resist having a dig at them

Sparkie

Hi Sofi,
        Send this to Swift tonight so that they have it by start of business tomorrow.. We have to try and buy you some time
        Brian
        To info@swift.co.uk

Just write Please pass this e-mail letter on to Eastern Counselling Litigation Department.

To Swift Advances plc16th November 2016
        Arcadia House
        Warley Hill Business Park
        The Drive, Brentwood
        Essex CM13 3BH

Dear Sirs,

Reference agreement numberBA2347/49930

I write in reference to the forthcoming hearing in the matter of Swift Advances v Ourselves on 23rd November 2016.

Our preparation for the hearing is reliant upon the provision of information by you with regard to the loan and the circumstances and level of the alleged debt.

We are therefore in your hands and the speed with which you comply with a Subject Access Request.

In those circumstances and with a view to minimising costs we would ask that you agree to a stay, of the proceedings, until say mid January 2017.

In the event that you will not agree we will make the Court aware of the representations we have made to you in an attempt to preserve Court time and make the same request directly to the Court itself.

We trust that you will concur that any other action will wholly disadvantage the inexperienced litigant in person with no experience of Court procedure.

You hold the information we need to provide a proper response and hope you will see we should not be disadvantaged by any delay instigated by our opponent.

Please respond by return.
        just recieved an email from swift solicitors and they not agree to a stay of court proceedings....they state that i have had enough time to investigate since last hearing

i have emailed sparkie the letter

Comment

Got it sofi,
          I will remove your personal info....scan it and post it up.
          I think a letter direct to Dentons is needed ............anyone agree?
          Sparkie

Comment

Got it sofi,
            I will remove your personal info....scan it and post it up.
            I think a letter direct to Dentons is needed ............anyone agree?
            Sparkie
            thanks sparkie

Comment

Swift are delaying providing Sofi with her SAR info albeit by a few days, she didn’t fill payees name on her PO so they sent it back, she had to go to the Post Office and get confirmation of what I told her …Swift could have filled it in themselves and the Post Office has agreed that they could have done.
              Copy of Swifts letter attached.

Their solicitorshave also told her Swift won’t agree to a stay, she needs real help from of Pt or Dianne M on what she can do and how to do it..

Attached is the letter from Swifts solicitors as no 2

Anyone know how to get Dianne M's urgent attention to this post,
              Attached Files

Comment

Afternoon,

A stay you say? Why not make an application for a stay, set out why you need it, and exhibit their refusal too.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO just seen who their lawyer is too, am dealing with them on another matter, im surprised theyve refused a stay to be honest. Clearly a stay would be in the interests of the parties for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Brian but i think that they would have a good shout to argue that the DPA requirements are clear, and its not for them to mark the payee on the cheque or PO, pedantic i know but nonetheless quite right in my view.
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                  Afternoon,

A stay you say? Why not make an application for a stay, set out why you need it, and exhibit their refusal too.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO just seen who their lawyer is too, am dealing with them on another matter, im surprised theyve refused a stay to be honest. Clearly a stay would be in the interests of the parties for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Brian but i think that they would have a good shout to argue that the DPA requirements are clear, and its not for them to mark the payee on the cheque or PO, pedantic i know but nonetheless quite right in my view.
                  Thanks Paul
                  Just one question can she make the application on the day of the hearing its next Thursday 23rd or should she do it ASAP say hand it in to the Court on Monday TuesdaY AT THE LATEST.
                  It is Swift that have made it clear to Dentons they do not want a a stay............they want her house so they can get money quickly they desperately need.
                  She only started this thread on 9th Nov so the time frame is so tight Determined and myself have been working our socks off since then ........he has done a fantastic job on their costs and interest charges..............that is what this claim and hearing is about....they are after £30 grand costs
                  Sparkie

Comment

Anyone know how to get Dianne M's urgent attention to this post,
                    Here I am

Di

Comment

• Re: Swift Advance After Repo

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                      Here I am

Di

Hullo Di,
                      Two good legal heads are better than one................What can we do to help this unfortunate victim of Swift ...she has repaid her loan in Full now they are in for the kill and intend to crush her.
                      I have fought Swift for nearly 10 years and will have paid our loan back in Feb/mar next year and I will be in exactly the same position but I have more time and more evidence to beat them then.
                      her loan was a regulated one ours unregulated...........She has got to obtain a stay in order to use some of the evidence I have..........but even that has to be presented correctly and carefully....its no good having the bullets if you do not know how the gun works.
                      Sparkie

Comment

a very big thank you to Sparkie and Determined who have helped me since day 1

Comment

Afternoon,

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

thank you

Comment

Thanks Paul
                            Just one question can she make the application on the day of the hearing its next Thursday 23rd or should she do it ASAP say hand it in to the Court on Monday TuesdaY AT THE LATEST.
                            It is Swift that have made it clear to Dentons they do not want a a stay............they want her house so they can get money quickly they desperately need.
                            She only started this thread on 9th Nov so the time frame is so tight Determined and myself have been working our socks off since then ........he has done a fantastic job on their costs and interest charges..............that is what this claim and hearing is about....they are after £30 grand costs
                            Sparkie
                            Read Swift v Daley mate
                            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Read Swift v Daley mate
                              That's one thing I was hoping to rely on for her.
                              Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by sofi3353 View Post
                                i spoken to the solicitor and theres 99% that he will be able to represent me....hes just waiting for clearance from the law firm that he wishes to use and even if he cant he saying that most likely i will be able to get it adjourned
                                When will you know if the solicitor is able to deal with this for you?

You said in an earlier post that he was considering a No Win No Fee arrangement which suggests he's confident that you have a good case.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X