• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advance After Repo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Swift Advance After Repo

Originally posted by sofi3353 View Post
    no i didnt Sparkie
    That is real good news
    Sparkie

Comment

Congrats Sofi, that's some good breathing space you have won.

Comment

I am sure that Diane M and or pt will correct me if I'm wrong but in case you cannot get proper legal representation.
        WE have to proceed as follows
        1. Prepare a Defence
        2. Prepare a Witness Statement
        3. Prepare a Skelton Argument
        4 Prepare a Counter claim.............. this could be included in your defence as 1 document

Most of it is in Dertermined's presentation...........it just needs to be split up and in each of 1 ,2,3, & 4, some more additions such as using the Bexhill case and the use of unlicensed trading names.................and using section 140 of the CCA and we need to extract from Swift the fact that they paid commission to your broker guided by the input of pt on claiming this issue.

Sparkie

Comment

Very good news, now you have time to dissect the claim, detail the wrongdoings & get a counterclaim claim under the CCA 140 unfair relationships, hopefully.

Give Sparkes a few more grey hairs in the meantime :goodjob:

Comment

Originally posted by sofi3353 View Post
            no i didnt Sparkie
            I agree with everything said on here about next steps

BUT, you must without question look at the secret commission point too, it can unwind everything back to the start and is a very powerful point to take.

You need to look at getting proper representation, there are firms out there who will be prepared to run a case such as this, i know this for a fact as i am already running cases against Swift Advances
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post

BUT, you must without question look at the secret commission point too, it can unwind everything back to the start and is a very powerful point to take.

You need to look at getting proper representation, there are firms out there who will be prepared to run a case such as this, i know this for a fact as i am already running cases against Swift Advances
              The problem is Swift will not disclose the amount of commission they pay I have first hand knowledge of this they either refuse to supply a copy of the underwriting sheet or redact it so it is useless, sofi's broker went bust ages ago so can't find out that way.
              Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
                Congrats Sofi, that's some good breathing space you have won.
                thank you Meelis

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                I am sure that Diane M and or pt will correct me if I'm wrong but in case you cannot get proper legal representation.
                WE have to proceed as follows
                1. Prepare a Defence
                2. Prepare a Witness Statement
                3. Prepare a Skelton Argument
                4 Prepare a Counter claim.............. this could be included in your defence as 1 document

Most of it is in Dertermined's presentation...........it just needs to be split up and in each of 1 ,2,3, & 4, some more additions such as using the Bexhill case and the use of unlicensed trading names.................and using section 140 of the CCA and we need to extract from Swift the fact that they paid commission to your broker guided by the input of pt on claiming this issue.

Sparkie
                i agree Sparkie

i will ring around and see if i can a solicitor

- - - Updated - - -

maybe you can suggest a lawyer solicitor PT2537
                No harm in asking ��

Comment

Sofi, Pt can't do that he would be not only breaking the site rules but his position as a Legal Executive.............I can recommend a very good one but the firm is in Liverpool. There is also one in Leigh Lancashire
                  I can e.mail you their names if you would like me to.
                  Sparkie

Comment

The problem is Swift will not disclose the amount of commission they pay I have first hand knowledge of this they either refuse to supply a copy of the underwriting sheet or redact it so it is useless, sofi's broker went bust ages ago so can't find out that way.
                    Sparkie

I have a letter, from them, on my desk, confirming they paid a commission without notice, the key is how you get that info, theres ways mate

- - - Updated - - -

Sofi, Pt can't do that he would be not only breaking the site rules but his position as a Legal Executive.............I can recommend a very good one but the firm is in Liverpool. There is also one in Leigh Lancashire
                    I can e.mail you their names if you would like me to.
                    Sparkie
                    Theres also one down in Brighton too mate,
                    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

I have a letter, from them, on my desk, confirming they paid a commission without notice, the key is how you get that info, theres ways mate

- - - Updated - - -

Theres also one down in Brighton too mate,
                      Actually I was going to recommend that very one first as They were the ones that got me me my Appeal Court ruling result which I'm very happy about

I know which one I'd ask if I was in sofi's position ( which I will be after next April.
                      Sparkie

Comment

Actually I was going to recommend that very one first as They were the ones that got me me my Appeal Court ruling result which I'm very happy about

I know which one I'd ask if I was in sofi's position ( which I will be after next April.
                        Sparkie
                        Ill be speaking with the clients on this swift matter, the key to resolving matters such as yours is to share info, the banks do it daily so why shouldnt we. The sad thing is, its the results i "cant" talk about that are better than the ones i can talk about lol.

Comment

At some point I would like to talk about results and especially how to achieve them.

Comment

At some point I would like to talk about results and especially how to achieve them.
                            One thing is meellis is that you won't be able to talk to pt about results.........he's just said so.....and by the time he can others will be up against Swift in Court.........they will increase their efforts to get money.

On another point I noticed in sofis account entries they increased their management charge back to their original charge........... from £64 ...back up to £70 in 2014 ....that's the time that they paid Barclays back............ by having to seek other funding, that must have cost them some money to get all those legal negotiations carried out that left them desperate for money...........they had to get that back somehow..............remember debts become assets in accounts as you know yourself.
                            Sparkie

Comment

That's the thing Sparks, they are borrowing against debts like yours and Sofis, book assets when they might be unable to realise them. At some point soon I need to up the ante on my situation so I need to decide whether to proceed un aided or to find some battle hardened veterans as it were.

Comment

That's the thing Sparks, they are borrowing against debts like yours and Sofis, book assets when they might be unable to realise them. At some point soon I need to up the ante on my situation so I need to decide whether to proceed un aided or to find some battle hardened veterans as it were.
                                I understand more than anyone matey that's why I wrote that open letter to the media ...I am just a couple of steps away to showing the Bexhill case will batter them ......and the media is the way I can get it if one of them takes the bait I've dangled in front of them

I had hoped pt would read it to see what I have discovered.

Sparkie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X