• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

Swift Advance After Repo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

    Goes without saying, best of luck and try to keep your nerve. They will try to be slippery and they will try to stop you having your say so just be insistent without upsetting the DJ. Lets up for an adjournment though so you have more time.

    Comment


    • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

      Originally posted by meellis View Post
      Goes without saying, best of luck and try to keep your nerve. They will try to be slippery and they will try to stop you having your say so just be insistent without upsetting the DJ. Lets up for an adjournment though so you have more time.
      Thank you Meellis

      will try my very best

      Comment


      • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

        Sofi

        Because of how distorted the Swift way of doing things is. While you stand there with no legal representation , at the same time, you will be paying for the person representing them, if they have their way.

        Comment


        • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

          Originally posted by Determined View Post
          Sofi

          Because of how distorted the Swift way of doing things is. While you stand there with no legal representation , at the same time, you will be paying for the person representing them, if they have their way.
          yes i agree

          i have no one representing me where as they have me paying for someone to represent them

          its not very nice

          Comment


          • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

            last thing i want to confirm before hitting the sack

            would i be able to find out from the court desk or usher if a stay of proceedings was granted???

            because i did state that i want it to be dealt with without a hearing

            Comment


            • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

              Another point which may prove useful in obtaining a stay of proceedings

              swift were ordered to provide and serve a more detailed statement to the court by 4pm on 24 october and they submitted it on 21 october and i recived my copy on 22 october but didnt read it as i was on my way to hospital to see mum and sadly at 3.20am on 23rd October my mum passed away so in fact i didnt actually go through it until 8 9 November which is when i came on this forum

              maybe this can be a plus point???

              Comment


              • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

                UPDATE ON COURT HEARING

                THE JUDGE HAS ORDERED

                1. By no later than 4pm on 27 January 2017 i the defendant must if they intend to defend claim further file/serve a defence and if appropriate counterclaim setting out clearly the charges which they dispute together with reasons and clarification of the legal basis for the dispute

                2. No later than 4pm on 10th February 2017 the claimant shall if so adviced file/serve a response to counterclaim

                3. Possession hearing date adjourned to 20 February 2017 ( if the issues between both parties cannot be determined then the hearing may be used to give directions

                Sofi

                Comment


                • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

                  Result!

                  Well Done You.

                  Now on to the next phase

                  Di

                  Comment


                  • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

                    Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                    Result!

                    Well Done You.

                    Now on to the next phase

                    Di
                    thank you Di

                    and a big thank you to Sparkie, Determined, PT and all the others on this forum who helped me alot

                    Comment


                    • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

                      Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                      Result!

                      Well Done You.

                      Now on to the next phase

                      Di
                      Hi Diana
                      She did brilliantly IMO as an LIP.........I do not think Swift will like this one little bit......with proper representation and I mean a Barrister..... she can beat them.
                      I have a strong feeling about it.
                      Next hearing, They will send a Barrister from a London Chambers and change their solicitors to RoslingKing LLP of the Old Baily I'm thinking.
                      Sparkie

                      Comment


                      • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

                        Hi Sofi

                        Well done.

                        When you get your breath back you will have to tell us how it went down and what was said.

                        Regards

                        Determined

                        Comment


                        • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

                          I like this in the order.......It could prolong the case even further..........Swift are so short of money ....that is why they objected to sofi's request to agree to a stay ...they thought they would have had her property today.
                          Sparkie
                          "3. Possession hearing date adjourned to 20 February 2017 ( if the issues between both parties cannot be determined then the hearing may be used to give directions"

                          Comment


                          • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

                            Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                            I like this in the order.......It could prolong the case even further..........Swift are so short of money ....that is why they objected to sofi's request to agree to a stay ...they thought they would have had her property today.
                            Sparkie
                            "3. Possession hearing date adjourned to 20 February 2017 ( if the issues between both parties cannot be determined then the hearing may be used to give directions"
                            they were hoping for possession order today and then eviction in 28days but the judge said adjournment is necessary because there is 1 point i can counterclaim on which is ppi

                            swift said that i had signed for ppi even though the box was not ticked but i explained that it was mis sold as my husband is self employed so he would not have been able to claim on that

                            next step now is i need to find a solicitor
                            get my defence sorted and explain what charges are fair and the ones that are not

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by Determined View Post
                            Hi Sofi

                            Well done.

                            When you get your breath back you will have to tell us how it went down and what was said.

                            Regards

                            Determined
                            will do

                            Comment


                            • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

                              The first BIG question I have sofi is.


                              Did you have to use Determined's File??
                              Sparkie

                              Comment


                              • Re: Swift Advance After Repo

                                Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                                The first BIG question I have sofi is.


                                Did you have to use Determined's File??
                                Sparkie
                                no i didnt Sparkie

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Loading...

                                upgrade to vip

                                Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

                                only £15/yr

                                Offers available. No subscription traps.

                                sign up now



                                Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                                Find a Law Firm


                                Working...
                                X