• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wescot credit services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wescot credit services

Hi just want to get some info on where I stand with a debt I have. Years ago I applied for a CDL with cooperative, for an it course with advent the company tanked and took all my money leaving me out of pocket. As I couldn't complete the course and get a job I found it hard to repay my monthly instalments for the loan. It was passed onto wescot at the time I made arrangements to pay £30 a month with them.
    I have forgotten about this until recently I changed banks and they sent me a letter about missed payment. It's been over 5-6 years since I've heard anything from coop about the loan. The letter from wescot says they are working on behalf of coop bank. Should I just ignore it or contact them to setup a direct debit again?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Wescot credit services

Hello and welcome.
    When was the last time you paid anything, or formally acknowledged any debt in writing?

Comment

I would assume before I changed banks in September. It was automatically coming out my account and I had forgotten about it.
      I done a recent credit check and it showed my coop account is 0.
      When I made the agreement with wescot I was young and don't even know if they are legally allowed to collect for the debt.
      What shall I do as I don't want to continue paying them if I don't have to or they have no grounds to claim this money.

I haven't heard anything from coop all these years. So seems odd I'm paying for a debt that they no longer acknowledge, going on the info from my credit check.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
        Hello and welcome.
        When was the last time you paid anything, or formally acknowledged any debt in writing?
        considering the circumstances what are my options?
        Thanks

Comment

Can you recall how much roughly the debt was for?
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
            Can you recall how much roughly the debt was for?
            Around 8k
            They are saying my balance is 6k now

Comment

Was this loan a Consumer Credit Act 1974 Regulated loan?
              The Co-op account will show zero balance because Wescot
              had bought the debt with all the rights and obligations of the
              original agreement.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Was this loan a Consumer Credit Act 1974 Regulated loan?
                The Co-op account will show zero balance because Wescot
                had bought the debt with all the rights and obligations of the
                original agreement.

nem
                It was a career development loan.
                So are they the correct people I should be paying?

Comment

Originally posted by Rotty2309 View Post
                  It was a career development loan.
                  So are they the correct people I should be paying?
                  Ok I understand that, but was the loan agreement regulated by
                  the Consumer Credit Act 1974? This would have shown in the
                  " signature" panel on the loan agreement.
                  I suspect it was so regulated and you should now send Wescot
                  A Request made under set. 77-79 of that act to get a copy of the
                  agreement for this loan.

There is a £1 statutory fee for this, use a Postal Order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only" Wescot has
                  12 + 2 Working Days to comply use the template from the forum library for this, send it by signed
                  for post and check delivery date.
                  How much have you paid so far, do you get statements?

nem

Comment

Ok I understand that, but was the loan agreement regulated by
                    the Consumer Credit Act 1974? This would have shown in the
                    " signature" panel on the loan agreement.
                    I suspect it was so regulated and you should now send Wescot
                    A Request made under set. 77-79 of that act to get a copy of the
                    agreement for this loan.

There is a £1 statutory fee for this, use a Postal Order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only" Wescot has
                    12 + 2 Working Days to comply use the template from the forum library for this, send it by signed
                    for post and check delivery date.
                    How much have you paid so far, do you get statements?

nem
                    They've never sent me a statement. But I have paid £1800 so far

Comment

They've never sent me a statement. But I have paid £1800 so far
                      When did you start paying this?

I'd be sending the CCA request asap.

nem

Comment

When did you start paying this?

I'd be sending the CCA request asap.

nem
                        Years ago 2010 @ £30 a month
                        When I send the letter what am I looking for in response?

Thanks

Comment

Years ago 2010 @ £30 a month
                          When I send the letter what am I looking for in response?

Thanks
                          A copy of the agreement you signed for the loan and a current signed and date statement of the account.
                          If this is the loan scheme I have in mind the paperwork was crap ( being polite).
                          How did you sign up for this online, on business premises or rep visit at home?

nem

Comment

A copy of the agreement you signed for the loan and a current signed and date statement of the account.
                            If this is the loan scheme I have in mind the paperwork was crap ( being polite).
                            How did you sign up for this online, on business premises or rep visit at home?

nem
                            The loan was done at the business premises if I remember correctly.

Comment

The loan was done at the business premises if I remember correctly.
                              I ask as many such loans were sold with little or no explanation of the costs, terms and conditions or what
                              would happen if the borrower defaulted.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X