• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wescot credit services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wescot credit services

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    I ask as many such loans were sold with little or no explanation of the costs, terms and conditions or what
    would happen if the borrower defaulted.

nem
    Ok well I will send them the request letter and see what they respond with. Thanks for your help

Comment

Just a reply to your PM

Leave PO blank apart from endorsing it with " For Statutory Fee Only" to stop
      Wescott from using it as a payment to the account.

nem

Comment

So the 12 working days have come and gone and no word from Wescot
        do i respond with a follow up reminder letter?

Comment

Originally posted by Rotty2309 View Post
          So the 12 working days have come and gone and no word from Wescot
          do i respond with a follow up reminder letter?
          Good morning,

No don't chase the CCA request, non compliance renders a debt unenforceable until the
          agreement is produced.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Good morning,

No don't chase the CCA request, non compliance renders a debt unenforceable until the
            agreement is produced.

nem
            Thanks for the response Nem,

I checked with the post office the received the request on the 25th of November, the postal order hasn't been cashed either, and still no response.
            I assume they are having troubles finding a cca for me.

Comment

Hi guys and girls

so since receiving my CCA request Wescot have failed to send me any sort of documentation, they have been sending me regular letters every few months to say they are chasing my request with the client, but nearly 11 months later still nothing from them.

However today I did receive a letter from Wescot with the following:

any advice on what I should do? Shall I send another CCA request to them? checked with the PO they didn't cash in the postal order I sent with the first CCA letter either.

Comment

Hi,

This is my first post on LB and I wanted to avoid creating a new thread completely to see if I can get some advice on this existing one!

I've taken on a professional career development loan with Co-op in 2015 to fund a MSc and can no longer afford the repayments of almost £300 per month as initially agreed and signed contract. I've been explained by the bank that I cannot lower the monthly repayments and can only default on my payments and that eventually Co-op will pass on my debt to Wescot debt collectors. Despite of written warnings on every page of my loan agreement stating that should I default on payments at any point my credit history may be "seriously affected", I have been reassured by co-op on several occassions that although they cannot put this into writing to me they can guarantee that as it's a "government backed loan" as opposed to a normal loan and therefore my credit history will not be affected as I default on payments to Co-op Or even when they pass on my debt to Wescot. It is my understanding at this point that should I then default on my agreed payments with Wescot only then my credit history will be affected. My question is, can anyone confirm that this is in fact true for career development loans not affecting credit histtories upon defaulted payments with the bank? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X