• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Struggling late and missing payments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling late and missing payments

For The last 6 months now I have been struggling patting credit cards overdraft and a bank loan .I have have more than 10 late payments on my credit file although I have tried my best but it has come to a point where I can't keep up anymore. Just wondered what my best options are and have I now damaged my credit for six years also.

Any help would be appreciated my debts total is around 8K
    Tags: None

You need to speak with your creditors first about paying back this money. You need to explain your circumstances to why you are struggling etc and will fill out an affordability assessment and then will hopefully be placed on an affordable repayment plan that is mutually beneficial for both parties.

Definitely contact your creditors and tell them your struggling.
    The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I would firstly get on to the national debtline and/or stepchange to see what they advise, and possibly make an appt with citizens advice. You may be able to restructure things to make it more manageable without destroying your credit file - but someone will need to look at your overall situation and circumstances. We're not regulated debt advisors here at all so can only try and assist with limited information.

Are your priority bills being paid okay ? Mortgage/ rent /council tax / utilities ?
      Debt Camel
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The two most important things here are first to not borrow any more money - that just postpones the problem for another month or two - and to sort out what your priority debts and bills are, as Amethyst says.

Priority debts: https://debtcamel.co.uk/start/priority-debts/

After that your options will depend on how much money you do have available for your credit cards and loans after you have paid for all the essentials every month. If there is a fair bit and the problem is the interest that keeps being added, a debt management plan https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options/guide-to-dmps/ where interest is frozen may be best. If that would still take too many years to clear the debts as you have little spare income, a Debt relief order could work for you, see https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options/dro/.

National Debtline can help you explore these options on the phone.

Comment

Thank you Debt Camel - you're an angel xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X