• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ’s obtained while living outside country what to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ’s obtained while living outside country what to do?

Hello,

I few years ago we left England for warmer weather we are now making plans to return to Scotland in the near future, however I have discovered that a couple of years ago 2 ccj’s were obtained against me.

Inam not able to see my credit report as I live abroad so these are educated guesses as to what they can be;
    Ccj 1 I believe to be an old cc account that had long been in dispute and I believe this to have been statue barred before the ccj date. This has over £7k of new charges added on to it.

Ccj 2 I believe to be a catalogue debt which won’t have been statue barred and has also been loaded with charges.

How can I go about finding out the details of these Ccj’s?
    I understand that I may be able to attempt to get these set aside although I am unlikely to be successful on the second one. Can this be done from outside the UK or must I wait until I return?
    Also on the cc I had PPI which I have never reclaimed this could go a long way to reducing that balance would that be possible?

We we are coming to the Uk with no real assets moving to rented property and will be looking for work, I don’t really want bailiffs or sheriffs turning up at the door but what can they do if we don’t have anything? Would I be better off just going bankrupt when I return?

many thanks
    Tags: None

How did you find out about the CCJ's ? If you check on the Registry Trust ( https://www.trustonline.org.uk/ ) you should be able to get the claim number if you can't get it from the credit agencies, and then you can contact the court for information, maybe ask for a copy of the claim and judgment to be emailed to you as you wish to apply to set them aside.

You can put a PPI reclaim in if you feel it was missold to you. https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/how-to-complain
    Can I complain about PPI while living abroad?
    You can complain about PPI while living abroad.
    You should be able to follow the same steps as someone living in the UK, such as using an online PPI complaint form on the websites of some providers.
    You can also complain by post or on the phone, but will have to pay any additional costs for international post and phone calls.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

how many threads are you saying this??

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        And how many IDs

Comment

I’m got the information from the registry trust. Will they send me the information despite being a non resident and can I start the set aside process from outside the country? Any idea how long the set aside process takes?

thank you.

Comment

This is my first time here?

Comment

Again first time here, confused?

Comment

very similair to another thread in all? ok

Comment

very similair to another thread in all? ok
                  No I haven’t been in all will look for it maybe some advice there that is beneficial to my situation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X