• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HP agreement and arrears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP agreement and arrears

Hi all

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes

i have an HP agreement that I am in arrears with. I contacted the creditor in June and asked them to accept a reduced amount for a period of 6 months. I submitted to them a full budget summary of my income and expenditure and they accepted my offer.

So I am now 3 months in and they have contacted me again requesting further proofs that I can not pay more to them. I have re submitted my budget summary to show my position has not improved but they are demanding I pay more.

i have explained that i cant pay anymore at this time and i feel i am being harrassed and bullied because they made an agreement with me but they now want more.

They have threatened that they will take the vehicle back....... I said not without a fight in court.

i dont know what to do, someone suggested to me to apply for a time order but they have not yet issued a default.

Any advice would be most welcome.
    Tags: None

they accepted my offer.
    Do you have this acceptance of your offer in writing at all ? ( as your offer was to pay a reduced amount for 6 month )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes i received an email

Comment

Could you post the wording of the email please ( and the wording of your offer if their acceptance doesn't mention the 6 months )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

On the Time Order issue - https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/...onal-sale.aspx - you can apply after an arrears notice (doesn't have to be default/court etc) - it sounds like you aren't at that stage yet as your reduced payments are keeping the arrears down to less than two months?
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

I can't access my letter right now because i am on my tablet and the copy is on my work hard drive but i have attached below the wording of the email i received.

Dear ..............

Thank you for your letter, this has been received and saved to your account.

We will be able to accept your payment offer of Ł100, however we still need proofs of your financial situation which we have asked for before but not received.

I am holding your account until the 15th of this month for proofs to be received and you to call and put a direct debit back in place, however, if we do not receive any correspondence, a default notice will have to be issued due to non-payment.

Comment

The email does not show the 6 months only the payment amount and i am more than 2 months in arrears

Comment

Okay but your offer stated for 6 months?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Angie D View Post
                  I can't access my letter right now because i am on my tablet and the copy is on my work hard drive but i have attached below the wording of the email i received.

Dear ..............

Thank you for your letter, this has been received and saved to your account.

We will be able to accept your payment offer of Ł100, however we still need proofs of your financial situation which we have asked for before but not received.

I am holding your account until the 15th of this month for proofs to be received and you to call and put a direct debit back in place, however, if we do not receive any correspondence, a default notice will have to be issued due to non-payment.

Can you say who the company is ? PM me if you prefer not to say on here .
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes it did

Comment

It is Advantage Finance

Comment

Okay got them, yes they are authorised ( just checking as their email doesn't sound particularly professional)

Did you obtain the finance through the place you bought the car or direct with Advantage ? Do you have a copy of the agreement at all that you could do a picture of and post? How far into the agreement are you at the moment?

Their email seems to be acceptance of the offer on condition that you provide the financial details and set the Direct Debit back up. Did you do that and did they respond with further acceptance of the offer ?

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding.

I am now attaching a copy of the letter I sent to them plus a copy of the HP agreement.

In answer to your questions:

1) The agreement started in Jan / Feb 2016.
                          2) I submitted a full budget summary
                          3) The DD was set up
                          4) Received further email (see below)

Good Morning
                          Thank you for sending these proofs in they have been saved to your account.
                          I must reiterate that we are secured priority debt so would need to take priority over your other creditors however I can see your unsecured creditors are already included in the income and expenditure forms you have sent me.
                          If you could please call and make an arrangement for your account

Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Any advice on this

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X