• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

x employer told Hmrc i was still working for them 7 weeks after I left

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x employer told Hmrc i was still working for them 7 weeks after I left

on 14th march 2016 I finished my partime job but have never had a P60 in the 10 years I worked for them, Never received a P45.

I had a privite Pension with the local council which I started receiving in the september, forward to march 2017 as the pension was so small I decided to take it as a lump sum, paid the tax on it, no problem.

July 2017 received a tax bill for £250 under payment?? on questioning HMRC they stated that my old employer has paid me for 7 weeks after I had stopped working for him, I stated in writing that I finished on 14th march was paid weekly and had received no other payment from him
    Reply' take it up with him! so I did,
    He claims it is the fault of the accountant, so I told him to sort it out as it looks like he had paid me £750 and I had to pay the tax on it, said he would but up to now he has done nothing , he has however changed accountants and I am still £250 quid out of pocket

Is there anything I can do?
    Tags: None

But did you get the money?

Comment

No I was paid £100 on the last day I worked for him, HMRC says I was still getting paid for 7 weeks after 14th march, I wasn't I wasn't working at all !!
      HMRC told me I had to pay up or I would be taken to court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X