• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I Have May Have a HUGE Mistake On My HMRC Return.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have May Have a HUGE Mistake On My HMRC Return.

Hello everyone.

Earlier today, I attempted to complete my tax return via HMRC and I believe I have made several huge mistakes.

I am self-employed as I am a YouTuber. This was the first year I tried to do my return myself (this is only the second year I have been paying tax). When I completed the form, it said that I had selected that I wasn't self-employed or even employed, which I am the former. I was wondering if there's anyway to delete my return as I want to try again but this time hire a professional accountant to do it for me.

Not going to lie - I'm terrified right now, so I apologise if some of this doesn't make sense or if this is posted in the wrong place.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Jay1000000 View Post
    Hello everyone.

Earlier today, I attempted to complete my tax return via HMRC and I believe I have made several huge mistakes.

I am self-employed as I am a YouTuber. This was the first year I tried to do my return myself (this is only the second year I have been paying tax). When I completed the form, it said that I had selected that I wasn't self-employed or even employed, which I am the former. I was wondering if there's anyway to delete my return as I want to try again but this time hire a professional accountant to do it for me.

Not going to lie - I'm terrified right now, so I apologise if some of this doesn't make sense or if this is posted in the wrong place.

Thank you.
    The best thing is to contact HMRC and tell them that you've realised you have made some significant errors and would like to submit a new return. If you do that before they come back to you with questions, they will be far more understanding. I would do this quickly if I was you.

Comment

You should be able to amend your return if you only did it yesterday... log in to your account and you should see Amend your Return ...
      • 6 April 2017 to 5 April 2018
      • Amend this return
      • Get your tax calculation
      But I don't think there is an option to recall your return so you can go through an accountant so you may need to give HMRC a call - they're not that bad to speak to but there's also a ' Talk to an Adviser' option on that page after you've logged in too.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X