• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NewDay Ltd - Unfair Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewDay Ltd - Unfair Default

I am having some issues with my credit card provider NewDay Ltd

Earlier on in the year, I informed NewDay in writing that I was in financial difficulty and would not be able to make any more payments

I provided a detailed income and expenditure sheet, and proof on ongoing medical conditions.

Whilst this matter was being looked into, they agreed to withold any charges, interest and any enforcement action.

Whilst my account was on hold, I then received a Default Notice dated the 19th April 2018, which surprised me as I though the account was on hold!!

It stated in the notice to pay an outstanding balance of £35.65 by the 11th May 2018.

As my account was on hold I was very worried.

I then received a letter dated the 14 May 2018 saying that they had agreed that they will no longer seek to collect the outstanding balance on my account.

I then checked my credit report and was unhappy that a default had been slapped on with the credit reference agencies with a default date of the 12th June 2018.

What bothers me in all of this, why write to me on the 14th May stating that they will no longer take any action to recover the balance, the issue a default on the CRA with a default date of 12th June, a month after telling me no more action was to be taken on my account!?

So I am confused by the whole affair, I have written to NewDay complaining about the default being unfair under the circumstances, and they are refusing to remove the default.

Where does this leave me!?

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X