• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ikano Default / Lowell write off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikano Default / Lowell write off

Good evening all,

Back in 2016 I was issued a default by Ikano Bank for a debt with Ikea. The sad truth is that the account wasnt a problem to pay - I had actually left the marital home where the card was registered and I was not having my mail re-directed. Mistakenly I failed to notify Ikano (what did i know about an Ikea card?!), the debt was going unpaid unknown to me and eventually defaulted.

Fast forward to Jan 2017 when i was advised it had been sold to a company called Lowell. By chance i had seen some mail at the marital home i had left in 2014.

I made it difficult for Lowell and asked for my signed credit agreement, etc hoping it had been misplaced.

Weirdly, in May 2017 Lowell wrote to me stating that they had written the debt off and would remove any defaults. Great...I thought.

However, I have only just realised that this Ikano default remains on my file. I know that Lowell cant remove it as they didnt actually report it. I have been in touch with Ikano who state they did everything correctly and will not remove the default. Is there anything that can be done to remove the default? Its crippling. Thank you in advance. Alex
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X