• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property managment company have sold Invoice - now fees being added?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property managment company have sold Invoice - now fees being added?

Hi,

We received and invoice from a property management company in January for £100,

I thought we had paid it as we do every other year, we did not receive any reminders. I have previously asked the company to send all correspondence by email which they agreed to and have for 2 years

I was away working over May and the start of June and returned at the weekend to find 4 letters from Bradys Solicitors in Nottingham, the first one is demanding a total of £176, 100 for the invoice and 76 in additional fees.

There have then been a further 3 letters 1 each week, doubling the amount they are demanding and talking about contacting my Mortgage company to demand payment, they are no saying I owe them over £1200 even though I only got the letters on Saturday.

This is ridiculous, Can the property management company sell on an invoice like this with telling me?

We are in Northern Ireland if this makes any difference

Thanks for any help you can offer
    Last edited by LCJ; 27th June 2018, 14:33:PM.
    Tags: None

Did you check your bank that you had / hadn't actually paid it when it was due? and have you checked your emails / spam/junk emails ? They may have sent some kind of notice regarding GDPR in May and incorrectly removed you from the email list as you didn't respond. Worth checking your email history. Have you actually spoken to the property management company since this started?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks,

It hasn't been paid, I checked my bank, I have searched all my email including junk and there is nothing there, I check all my Spam and Junk everyday anyway.

The property company are saying we have to speak to Brady's Solicitors and agree that they told Brady's only to contact us via email, Brady's deny this, and we are waiting for their management to get back to us after we told them we only got the letters at the weekend, last contact was when we phoned them on Monday
      Last edited by LCJ; 27th June 2018, 15:18:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X