• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moving secures debts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving secures debts

Hi everyone.
    I an needing some advice.
    I have 2 secures loans on my property both have been sold to ascent (3rd party).
    I am sticking to a payment plan and when i go back.to work as I am on Mat leave I can increase this payment substantially.
    I am.looking to move home and wondered if it was possible to move these secured loans as well?
    Do I speak to ascent or the oriinal companies ( blackhorse and welcome).
    Is there any advice you could.give me about going.about this.
    I just want to do the best for my little girl and we do need to relocate. I.would rather buy then rent .
    thanks in advance xx
    Tags: None

If your finances do not allow you to pay off the secured loan and put a deposit on the new home then it may be possible for you to transfer your secured loan to your new house. Not all lenders do this so check with Ascent first.

You say Ascent now own the debts. I thought they were only debt collectors but perhaps Amethyst knows more.

It may be possible to take out an unsecured loan to repay the secured loan before you move, but remember that there will be an early settlement charge attached to the secured loan and maybe other costs, for example, discharge fees, for removing the charge from the property..Also, taking out a personal loan could affect your mortgage application and it may mean that you are charged higher rates as a result.

Comment

Thanks for this. I have spoke to ascent and they are speaking with the original lenders to see if they are willing to make the loans unsecured. Not.sure how likely this will be but fingers crossed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X