• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot sold the debt to Robinson Way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot sold the debt to Robinson Way

So as predicted, Cabot have piped up after some time but not as anticipated.

They have (as it looks to me) sold my debt to Robinson Way as I appear to have recieved the assignment notice. However, no mention of "Sold" only "Passed".

No date either, just a crudely pixelated Cabot header with the footer portraying them to be Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited. As opposed to Cabot Financial UK Ltd who actually owns the debt.

It's only for a measley Ł500 (ish).

They are an AR for Hoist Finance but refer to Cabot as their "Client".

Tempted to send CCA request but I think I would just be giving them ample time to produce the document. I don't want to sound blazé but the track record of these pirates seems to be failure to supply documents so am I making the right choice by waiting to see if they claim?
    Last edited by ecalid; 9th April 2018, 16:24:PM.
    Tags: None

Hi
    I am also in a similar situation may be!
    Sent a request for a CCA to Cabot F. They acknowledged the receipt and said that they will request a copy of the cca along with any other information and statements etc.from the original lender and this may take time but will update within 12 days

These are a credit card transactions,
    Should I be sending a letter pointing out that the 12 day limit has pissed for enforcement.
    They also can sell the debt to another company!
    Starting the process again!
    Please some one
    Please could some one advice me on this situation and would very much appreciate it.
    Also is there a template for a letter after the 12+2 days limit? Pleases.

Many Thanks
    WAT

Comment

Originally posted by ecalid View Post
      Cabot have piped up after some time but not as anticipated.

They have (as it looks to me) sold my debt to Robinson Way as I appear to have recieved the assignment notice. However, no mention of "Sold" only "Passed".

They are an AR for Hoist Finance but refer to Cabot as their "Client".

Robinson Way are a Debt Collection Agency (owned by Hoist) and they have multiple clients.

If that letter refers to your Cabot debt being "Passed" not "Sold" to Robinson Way this suggests it's not been assigned (i.e. sold) to them - they'll be acting as an agent for Cabot.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X