• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moving with secures loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving with secures loans

Hi everyone.
    I am trying to move house and have 2 secures loans. One with welcome finance and one with blackhorse fiance. To break even I would need to sell the house at 74k .... it' valued at 55k at best.
    I feel stuck. Both loans are now with 3 party companies and when i received an e mail from them it said unsecured loans. They also are not.on my credit file at all. I have checked several sites.
    is there a way I could move the loans or am I stuck?
    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Emmyj18 View Post
    I am trying to move house and have 2 secures loans. One with welcome finance and one with blackhorse fiance. To break even I would need to sell the house at 74k .... it' valued at 55k at best.
    I feel stuck. Both loans are now with 3 party companies and when i received an e mail from them it said unsecured loans. They also are not.on my credit file at all. I have checked several sites.
    is there a way I could move the loans or am I stuck?

Do you mean you have two secured loans in addition to the first mortgage? I think you do.

It's normal to need permission to sell a property from a lender/creditor who has a charge on it if the property has negative equity because they will be surrendering their security.

Some lenders/creditors are content with the negative equity situation if they are getting the loan repayments and have no arrears. They live in hope that the equity will 'grow back' as the years go by.

Who was the original lender (the business with the first charge), how much was the loan/mortgage, and how much is still owing?

The same questions for each of the two secured loans (amount owed and any arrears)? Also please say who has purchased these loans since you imply that they have been assigned to a new business.

Are these loans interest only or repayment (reducing the capital borrowed)?

Are these loans in your sole name or in joint names with anyone else?

You say you are trying to move house so will you be taking a mortgage on the next place or are you planning to rent etc? I ask because some lenders will consider permission to sell on condition you offer them alternative security (a second charge) on the next property.

You can check to see if the new 'owners' have a chege on your property by doing a search on the Land Registry website (the fee to download a PDF is about £3).

You can do that here > https://eservices.landregistry.gov.u...455.1523292267

(Make sure you don't use any of the copycat websites!)

A little more information will help.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X