• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NewDay Ltd - Marbles Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NewDay Ltd - Marbles Credit Card

I would like to ask for some advice on an unsecured credit card.

I was given this credit card by the above company and they had set me a limit of £900.

In January this year, I advised them that I would no longer be making any payments due to financial difficulty.

I provided a copy of my Employment and Support Allowance benefit letter, copies of my medical reports showing ongoing medical conditions and medications currently being taken, copies of letter from other lenders who had agreed a debt write off to put pressure on them.

They sent me an income and expenditure form to fill in, which I did, and to which I am waiting to hear back from.

Last week I phoned their customer priority team as they are now handling my account.

I was told that the direct debit had been cancelled at their, and I was told do do the same, which I did.

They then told me the account was now on hold for 30 days whilst they sort it out.

Today, I get a letter from Marbles claiming they had tried to take the direct debit as usual and it failed, so a late payment fee was being applied.

I was so upset, I sent in a lengthy email of complain to their CEO.

I thought that whilst the account was on hold no payments would be taken.

I am a vulnerable household due to my situation and I am also registered disabled.

I have asked for the debt to be written off on both medical and hardship grounds.

I also feel NewDay Ltd were irresponsible to grant me £900 of credit due to the fact I had outstanding balances of £10K elsewhere at the time they accepted me cor credit.

Surely under Chapter 5 of the Consumer Credit Sourcebook, could I argue that they were irresponsible to grant me credit as I was in debt elsewhere!?

Many help for any advice.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X