• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Accounts Owned by debt collection agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accounts Owned by debt collection agency

HI Guys
    How Do I know which accounts are owned on my name by debt collection agency. Most debts are now statue barred. Can I ask the dca to change the address to my present one . So that I do not get CCJ for my statue barred debt at my old address.
    Tags: None

One way is to look at your credit file although not all debts are recorded by all credit agencies and if they were defaulted more than 6 years ago they will not reappear - unless possibly a CCJ is obtained.

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      One way is to look at your credit file although not all debts are recorded by all credit agencies and if they were defaulted more than 6 years ago they will not reappear - unless possibly a CCJ is obtained.
      HI
      Defaults I had on credit file registered at my old address have now disappeared , But I have heard stories about CCJ issued at old address eventhough the debt is statue barred . Can It happen?

Comment

Originally posted by want2befree View Post
        How Do I know which accounts are owned on my name by debt collection agency. Most debts are now statue barred. Can I ask the dca to change the address to my present one . So that I do not get CCJ for my statue barred debt at my old address.

I think you need to be 110% certain a debt is Statute Barred before approaching a Debt Collection Agency with your new address in case that wakes up a dormant account which may not be SB.

Creditors and debt purchasers should carry out due diligence before any claim is issued to establish whether you are living at the address (or not) where they intend to serve the claim.

Are you visible on the CRA files such as Exquifax and Experian? Do they show you on the Electoral Roll at your current address, and is your old address showing in the Linked Addresses section?

How long since you've moved and did you set up Royal Mail Redirection at the time? Do you have a vehicle registered with DVLA? Both of these share information so you may be easily traced which sounds like something you would prefer to happen.

If you did get a CCJ at an old address you would be looking at an Application to have it set aside.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post

I think you need to be 110% certain a debt is Statute Barred before approaching a Debt Collection Agency with your new address in case that wakes up a dormant account which may not be SB.

Creditors and debt purchasers should carry out due diligence before any claim is issued to establish whether you are living at the address (or not) where they intend to serve the claim.

Are you visible on the CRA files such as Exquifax and Experian? Do they show you on the Electoral Roll at your current address, and is your old address showing in the Linked Addresses section?

How long since you've moved and did you set up Royal Mail Redirection at the time? Do you have a vehicle registered with DVLA? Both of these share information so you may be easily traced which sounds like something you would prefer to happen.

If you did get a CCJ at an old address you would be looking at an Application to have it set aside.

Di
          I am visible on all the credit files and registered on electoral roll . I also own a car. Should I leave it to DCA to sent anything to my new address. I am just worried as I will be getting mortgage in 6 months or 1 year

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X