• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Pre-Legal Assessment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Pre-Legal Assessment

Hi All

I am looking for some advise regarding pre legal assessments from Lowell. I have been receiving these from this company for months one relates to an old telecoms bill that must be about 5 years old and one from an ex catalogue account.
    They threaten legal action CCJ and I’ve also now received a transfer off account to Lowell solicitors from Lowell Portfolio that letter is titled Notice Of Acting.

What is the best course of action now, I have been ignoring the letters because generally there just threats rather than real legal action but I don’t want to risk receiving a CCJ.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Tags: None

lowells solicitors are acting for lowells all the same company different office

Comment

give peeps an idea what each one is about i.e. last payment/taken out etc etc etc

Comment

Hi

The Telecommunications Supplier bill I think was an old broadband service from 2013 which defaulted in February 2014 I haven’t heard anything about it until Lowell obviously purchased the debt and are trying to scare me in to paying it, to be honest I really can’t remember owing anything when we switched providers at a different address than I live now we moved twice since.

The catalogue debt doesn’t appear on my file but I think it’s about 3 years old so last payment would be 3 years ago.

I really wanted to understand more about the legality of the term pre legal assessment and whether or not it is the same as receiving a “letter of claim” or is it just a cheap way of trying to scare me into contacting them.

Many thanks

Comment

letter of claim is the 1st stage in court process

t:EXAMPLE pre-action letters from Creditors/DCA's for reference
          Started by Amethyst, 9th October 2017, 07:27:AM

Comment

Yes I understand that, I wanted to know if a letter of acting is the same as receiving a letter of claim

thanks

Comment

pre-legal is used to tell you they may/this/that = to my mind having seen/heard/read on many a forum is another threatogram stating we are looking into starting legal action, many have reported just part of the threatogram letter sent out, Only the letter of claim is the official one, so assessment letter means as you suggest an intimidating one (they hope\=) sure others will comment also. read threads on this subject and a pattern will no doubt emerge

Comment

Hi Mike

many thanks for your help.

I've been reading lots of different posts and guidelines it’s all mind blowing.

Thamks again

Comment

If you get/got the example which is shown above then you need to respond as that is the new 1st step that solicitors have to send

Comment

I was thinking I would send them a CCA letter one each to both accounts before they get chance to send me a letter of claim

do you think that’s a good idea

Comment

yes if you have not especially the catalogue debt,,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X