• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Payplan debt management plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not do anything yet, wait for their reply - it is generally advised not to chase up CCA requests.

When I sent cca requests some years ago, some wrote back saying the debt was unenforceable as they couldn't supply the CCA - I stopped paying
    Others sent me a pile of rubbish so I wrote back saying they hadn't complied - and again stopped paying

A few sent agreements back and I made decisions based on that

If they come back unenforceable I personally would not be offering payments or settlements - also remember there is a whole lot more to an agreement being unenforceable than just the credit agreement so it is important to keep letters you receive

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      Do not do anything yet, wait for their reply - it is generally advised not to chase up CCA requests.

When I sent cca requests some years ago, some wrote back saying the debt was unenforceable as they couldn't supply the CCA - I stopped paying
      Others sent me a pile of rubbish so I wrote back saying they hadn't complied - and again stopped paying

A few sent agreements back and I made decisions based on that

If they come back unenforceable I personally would not be offering payments or settlements - also remember there is a whole lot more to an agreement being unenforceable than just the credit agreement so it is important to keep letters you receive
      Ooh my goodness, seems I have a lot ahead of me,,, thankyou, so for today I will continue with daily life and wait for now,, thanks.
      Â*

Comment

Hi
        Yes, if you decide to follow it through then there is quite a lot ahead of you however as many of the debts are quite old it may very well be worth it. If you stop payments, I would, if possible try to save the money to build up a war chest just in case- it wasn't something i was ever able to do but I now have a considerable amount of debt that is statute barred .
        Of course , since I stopped paying I have not been in full time employment ( the last nearly 4 years I have been a full time student) and I have no assets so there really was little point in them wasting their money to get £1 a month if they were lucky - probably cost them more than that to administer the debt.

I would approximate, 30% came back with no agreements, 10% wrote them off for whatever reason, 50% did and have done little else and 10% issued the 1 claim which with help from Jo and Di was defeated - Warwick 1 lowell nul points

Comment

Hi
          Yes, if you decide to follow it through then there is quite a lot ahead of you however as many of the debts are quite old it may very well be worth it. If you stop payments, I would, if possible try to save the money to build up a war chest just in case- it wasn't something i was ever able to do but I now have a considerable amount of debt that is statute barred .
          Of course , since I stopped paying I have not been in full time employment ( the last nearly 4 years I have been a full time student) and I have no assets so there really was little point in them wasting their money to get £1 a month if they were lucky - probably cost them more than that to administer the debt.

I would approximate, 30% came back with no agreements, 10% wrote them off for whatever reason, 50% did and have done little else and 10% issued the 1 claim which with help from Jo and Di was defeated - Warwick 1 lowell nul points
          Thanks, for your support and journey story, keep up those studies, I have 3 children, two have got fantastic degrees and the third is on the study path now. Another has signed for CCA today on track and trace, checked bank but no £1.00 cheques come off yet, I have printed off the track and trace receipts from online also and when cheques do get cashed will keep a copy of when they came out of bank account.Â*

Comment

Originally posted by Newyearnewme View Post
            These are the ones I have sent, Cabot Financial (Europe) - husband £725.77, joint - £943.10.

Capital One x 2 - husband £589.93 and £605.45.

Hoist Financial - me £100.53.

Moor Croft - husband £757.32.

NCO Europue LTD - me £334.08.

PRA Group X 2 - me £247.67 and £350.95.

Past due credit solutions - me £568.57.

The CCA requests sent recorded on 12/02/18.
            ÂÂ*ok, got first reply back today, it was was from PRA and they sent back both cheques for £1.00 and said they couldn't reply to CCA request until I passed security, need full name/previous name, DOB and previous address and postcode, and stated this was in line with data protection act 1998 and once they recieve it would respond..... Would this be as in 2004 moved house Â*and I think these maybe be from the previous address. Thanks, do I just send details requested with the cheques and another CCA letter, many thanksÂ*

Â*

Comment

Are PRA writing to you chasing the debt at all or have they been silent since Payplan are making payments ? Are the debts on your credit file or long since fallen off ? (if they've been writing to you already at your current name/address they are already satisfied they have the right person )

Do you know what the original debts that they have are ? credit cards ? and do you know when they were started, where you lived/name at that point ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Are PRA writing to you chasing the debt at all or have they been silent since Payplan are making payments ? Are the debts on your credit file or long since fallen off ? (if they've been writing to you already at your current name/address they are already satisfied they have the right person )

Do you know what the original debts that they have are ? credit cards ? and do you know when they were started, where you lived/name at that point ?
                Hi, PRA are or have not chased since being on plan, they may have sent correspondence when changed from NMH plan to payplan ,but I have struggled for years on dmp plans so these are most likely really old debts, most debts were credit cards so I can only assume these were cr cards, sorry that I am unsure of the start date , I've just always hidden behind the dmp who kept all calls and chasing at bay. I have only had my current address and the previous address, 1989 to 2004 for old address and 2004 till present day at current address.
                Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by Newyearnewme View Post
                  Hi, PRA are or have not chased since being on plan, they may have sent correspondence when changed from NMH plan to payplan ,but I have struggled for years on dmp plans so these are most likely really old debts, most debts were credit cards so I can only assume these were cr cards, sorry that I am unsure of the start date , I've just always hidden behind the dmp who kept all calls and chasing at bay. I have only had my current address and the previous address, 1989 to 2004 for old address and 2004 till present day at current address.
                  Thankyou
                  Just found statements from PRA £350.95 owed barclaycard, agreement date 10/11/1997 and shows current address and annual payment of £13.00 the other £247.67 owed lloyds tsb bank , no agreement date on this one and also paid for the year £13.00, sorry didn't have details earlier, just now getting to grips with keeping documents and filing them from now onwards, thanks
                  Â*

Comment

This is the reply from PRA, copy attached , and the last correspondence from them for the two accounts, should I reply with all the asked details and resend the £1.00 cheque, would I need to send another CCA letter with it also, thankyou. Â*Â*
                    Attached Files

Comment

Did they return the cheque?

Equally do PRA write to you at the address. The only problem I can see is if you signed the letters but they were for your OH's account

If they do I would be replying with something along the lines of

While I am willing to confirm my details, not only have you been writing to me at the above address you have also sent statements and other correspondence which, if you are unsure of my identity would amount to a clear breach of the data Protection Act. If this is the case I will have no alternative but to correspondance you to the ICO.

Could you please confirm, by return if you need me to verify my identity or if the details you have are sufficient.

That might shut them up

Comment

Did they return the cheque?

Equally do PRA write to you at the address. The only problem I can see is if you signed the letters but they were for your OH's account

If they do I would be replying with something along the lines of

While I am willing to confirm my details, not only have you been writing to me at the above address you have also sent statements and other correspondence which, if you are unsure of my identity would amount to a clear breach of the data Protection Act. If this is the case I will have no alternative but to correspondance you to the ICO.

Could you please confirm, by return if you need me to verify my identity or if the details you have are sufficient.

That might shut them up
                        yes they returned both cheques, both are my accounts but on checking one is in my maiden name, yes they have written to me at this address but I feel both these were originally from prior 2004 when I would have done the agreements, Â*ooh and as new to this what is the ICO please. If I send your along the lines letter, should I not give them the info about my identity, maybe add my maiden name was ...... Thankyou again for guidance.

Â*

Comment

You could just give them the info , I just do not like letting them think they have the upper hand

So they have been writing to you at your address but one in your maiden name and one in your married name . Now that might be interesting if they recon an agreement and put the wrong name in

ICO= information commissioners office and that is who you would complain to about them breaking confidentiality

Amethyst See what others think

Comment

You could just give them the info , I just do not like letting them think they have the upper hand

So they have been writing to you at your address but one in your maiden name and one in your married name . Now that might be interesting if they recon an agreement and put the wrong name in

ICO= information commissioners office and that is who you would complain to about them breaking confidentiality

Amethyst See what others think
                            Yes annual statements to my current address for both, one to lloyds bank was for an old school Access credit card which I had prior to being married ( been married 25years) but this never got changed to married name and not sure when it defaulted probably late 90's. Ok will comprise letter and post recorded on Monday . Thankyou.
                            Â*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X