• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Payplan debt management plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payplan debt management plan

Hi, really need to get myself sorted, been struggling with debt since 1998 due to family death and spiralling debt, I have with my husband around 16 creditors and been on Dmp"s for years, only two show on credit register for me and two for husband, the debts have changed owners several times, could I ask if these are unenforceable myself and should I tell pay plan that I am going to do this. I was thinking of ringing pay plan and asking for a list of my creditors, I have always paid a monthly amount of £90.00, some company rang me and said a lot of my debt would be unenforceable and they could get their solicitor to chase all debts fir £100 per month, I feel confused at present, my debts are huge £52,000.00. Could you help please
    Tags: None

Re: Pay plan debt management plan

Hiya

We would strongly advise against the kind of scheme you've been offered, it's basically a scam.

I'll ask Debt Camel to see if she can help you.

Comment

Ok, thanks, thats great, I will not use this, they did seem pushy, thanks so much for you quick response

Comment

Hi
        How old are most of the debts, I mean when were the accounts opened?
        Do you know what sort of debts these are, secured or unsecured?

You are paying £90 a month which isn't a great deal considering the size of the debt

Do you rent or own your home?

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
          Hi
          How old are most of the debts, I mean when were the accounts opened?
          Do you know what sort of debts these are, secured or unsecured?

You are paying £90 a month which isn't a great deal considering the size of the debt

Do you rent or own your home?
          Hi, these were mainly credit cards and maybe a loan and between 6 and 12 years ago and none were secured.
          i know it's not a lot a month but that's all my budget allows us to afford, and yes we have a mortgage.
          thanks

Comment

I have ordered and recieved a cheque book from my bank, in preparation for sending letters to see who owns my debts, over the next couple of weeks I will start to send some, what letter do I use please, these are old debts thar have been sold on several times and when checking credit report they are no longer on my history but I pay them monthly through pay plan, thanks

Comment

The first step is to write to whoever last wrote to you sending a CCA request

CCA Request Letter

This needs a cheque or postal order for £1 .

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, I/We would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. I/we enclose a cheque/postal order no xxxxxx for £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.
              I/we understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I/we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully
              I have made a few amendments highlighted in red to the template which is what I usually use - I if its in one name only and we if its a joint account

I also scan and keep copies pf the letter, the cheque and the receipt from the post office and then when I can get a proof of delivery from the postoffice website I keep that as well.

Don't worry too much about the amount, I had a similar amount when I started in 2012 and some wrote back saying there was no agreement, some trued to bully me and one took me to court which I defeated with help from
              Joanna C andDiana M

​​​​​​​It will not be many weeks now until they all become statute barred

Comment

Thankyou, I think once I have done one, I will feel better on what to do , it's just spiralled and been paying dmp plans for like 8 years or more so need to be brave and do this. Thankyou will msg again when I get some replys.

Comment

I have found list of all my creditors and am going to write Asap but do one a day as there is 22 of them but should I let my dmp know that I am doing this, thankyou.

Comment

This is a list of my collecting creditors, I have got account numbers and address from my pay plan dmp account, should I send cca letters to all and then wait. Â* Cabot x 5, Capitol one X 2, debt mangers X 1, hoist X 2, moorcroft X Â*2, nco Europe X 2, newday X 1, pra group X 2, past due credit solutions X 1, vanquish X 2, westcot credit services X 1. Worried about sending vanquis as debt only couple years old and also worried about westcot as its over 10k owing, would they start court proceedings just from me sending cca letters, ,,, I am struggling to send the cca letters as scared they may pressure me, most are well over 6 years old some even 12 yrs ,,, I have lived paying dmp and looking after my family with this in background, I need a push to do this, thanks all.

Comment

Hi
                      No one can say what any creditor may do, I have heard in the past of creditors defaulting an account upon receipt of a CCA request but not heard of them starting court proceedings.

I notice some of the debts are with debt collection companies such as Wescot and NCO Europe , these debts will be probably owned by someone else, maybe even the original creditor

What I will say is that i have some accounts that were never sold on however these accounts never received compliant CCA responses. A CCA request is only one way of finding out if a debt is enforceable, there are plenty of other reasons, just ask Lowell or PRA

If you do not send CCA requests you will never know and it is the knowledge that gives you the power . Be aware though you will get lots of letters etc when you stop paying and I would have a file set up for each one so you can keep all the documents together

Comment

Hi
                        No one can say what any creditor may do, I have heard in the past of creditors defaulting an account upon receipt of a CCA request but not heard of them starting court proceedings.

I notice some of the debts are with debt collection companies such as Wescot and NCO Europe , these debts will be probably owned by someone else, maybe even the original creditor

What I will say is that i have some accounts that were never sold on however these accounts never received compliant CCA responses. A CCA request is only one way of finding out if a debt is enforceable, there are plenty of other reasons, just ask Lowell or PRA

If you do not send CCA requests you will never know and it is the knowledge that gives you the power . Be aware though you will get lots of letters etc when you stop paying and I would have a file set up for each one so you can keep all the documents together
                        Thanks, this is real scary moving forward, I was going to keep my payments going to my debt management plan, is that ok or will I have to stop the payment to the dmp. Ok, got a folder and as I have a lot of creditors yes will need to keep them sorted, still nervy though.

Comment

Hi
                          Let me tell you what I did
                          Firs of all I signed up for a 'cloud' account - I use google drive. I then set up a folder for each account.

Every letter sent , receipts from post office, proof of deliveries from post office track and trace and letter received were then saved/scanned to the appropriate folder - what I wish I had done on every one was to number the file starting 01, 02, 03 etc = so for example 01-cca request, including scanned copy of cheque , 02- Proof of delivery, 03- CCa response.

I then filed every letter etc and print off so in effect I had two copies, one hard copy and one in the cloud as a backup

I realise this takes a lot of time and of course a PC and scanner but when I started I had little else to do because I was not working but it did come into its own when I had a claim against me. I was then able to say, hand on heart, I had not received a default notice etc

Not everyone will think what I do is necessary, some will just think having a box file is ok but when I had my claim I was able to share the folder with my solicitor who could then see what was important or not , or at least read the file names to see what was there. For my claim I had something like 150 documents from a period of 5 years

But whatever you decide, keeping a record of letters sent and received really is important

I wish you all the luck in the world and we are here for you

Comment

Hi
                            Let me tell you what I did
                            Firs of all I signed up for a 'cloud' account - I use google drive. I then set up a folder for each account.

Every letter sent , receipts from post office, proof of deliveries from post office track and trace and letter received were then saved/scanned to the appropriate folder - what I wish I had done on every one was to number the file starting 01, 02, 03 etc = so for example 01-cca request, including scanned copy of cheque , 02- Proof of delivery, 03- CCa response.

I then filed every letter etc and print off so in effect I had two copies, one hard copy and one in the cloud as a backup

I realise this takes a lot of time and of course a PC and scanner but when I started I had little else to do because I was not working but it did come into its own when I had a claim against me. I was then able to say, hand on heart, I had not received a default notice etc

Not everyone will think what I do is necessary, some will just think having a box file is ok but when I had my claim I was able to share the folder with my solicitor who could then see what was important or not , or at least read the file names to see what was there. For my claim I had something like 150 documents from a period of 5 years

But whatever you decide, keeping a record of letters sent and received really is important

I wish you all the luck in the world and we are here for you
                            Thankyou, very warming, nice to know I have somewhere to ask for help and advice, so tomorrow will get some envelopes and printer paper and open google file , I am off work next week so I can sort out to finally get the ball rolling, thankyou again, it's good to hear from others that have experienced this as it's difficult to tell friends who are not in my situation...
                            Â*

Comment

Debt Camel
                              Just tagging DC to look in, as you own your own home and this is such a large amount of debt there may be formal options which protect the property - although I'm sure payplan would have been through options with you before?
                              I'd start with the smaller debts first to test water - don't payplan send you a monthly statement so you can see exactly where you're at with each debt, and who owns what, whether interest has stopped and so on?
                              Do you have any available funds to sort out any full & final settlement payments if need be on any of the debts?

Also on this
                              some company rang me and said a lot of my debt would be unenforceable and they could get their solicitor to chase all debts fir £100 per month
                              do you have any more details of the company that contacted you ? phone number, website , company name etc ? ( and you did the right thing turning them down - was it a cold call ? or had they been given your details by payplan do you know? )
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X