• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

Hi all, everything has gone too quiet. I hope you all still fight for what is rightfully ours. I have not heard anything about the radio piece either. Wishing you all a Happy Christmas :rudolph: xx

Comment

• Re: Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

Sad to inform you that the Action Fraud route has now drawn a blank for me. Anybody else get a similar communication ?

12 December 2014
      Dear Mr Cherry
      Re: NFRC141100840438
      I’m writing to inform you of the current position of your report.
      Your report has been assessed by the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) and
      I regret to say there are insufficient viable lines of enquiry for a successful criminal
      investigation. Therefore your report has not been sent to a local police force or other
      law enforcement organisation for a criminal investigation at this time.
      Please be assured that the NFIB will retain your report and that all reports are
      reassessed constantly for viable leads, as well as to inform prevention activity.
      The NFIB has not closed your report following this. As hundreds of new reports of
      fraud are gathered every day and added to our systems, any common links with
      existing reports will be picked up and can lead to new investigative opportunities. The
      NFIB work closely with other law enforcement agencies and regulators in the UK and
      abroad, to stop fraudsters. We also use all reports to inform our prevention activity to
      reduce the number of victims of fraud.
      If you would like more information on how to protect yourself from fraud, there is
      information at www.actionfraud.police.uk/support_for_you.
      Thank you for taking the time to report this matter to us.
      Yours sincerely,
      Pete O'Doherty
      Director NFIB

Comment

Makes you wonder what sort of leads are enough?

Perhaps only if the person records a youtube video of them standing under a flashing neon sign that reads "I'm a fraudster"?

Comment

Action Fraud seemed hopeful but obviously not. I don't think there is anything else we can do. No one can help us it is all down to the Administrators and we all know what they think too. God help us all. Xx

Comment

As the example I posted earlier in the thread where Mike Jones is battling for justice in the DCM Money Solution case, seems you need to badger MPs, the SFO and other high profile stuff or people to get anything moving on the fraud/police angle. By default it often seems that most actionfraud reports are just filed under C for "can't be arsed".

Comment

I'll chase up the Radio guy see what's happening there.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Ripped Off by BOURNES View Post
                Sad to inform you that the Action Fraud route has now drawn a blank for me. Anybody else get a similar communication ?

12 December 2014
                Dear Mr Cherry
                Re: NFRC141100840438
                I’m writing to inform you of the current position of your report.
                Your report has been assessed by the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) and
                I regret to say there are insufficient viable lines of enquiry for a successful criminal
                investigation. Therefore your report has not been sent to a local police force or other
                law enforcement organisation for a criminal investigation at this time.
                Please be assured that the NFIB will retain your report and that all reports are
                reassessed constantly for viable leads, as well as to inform prevention activity.
                The NFIB has not closed your report following this. As hundreds of new reports of
                fraud are gathered every day and added to our systems, any common links with
                existing reports will be picked up and can lead to new investigative opportunities. The
                NFIB work closely with other law enforcement agencies and regulators in the UK and
                abroad, to stop fraudsters. We also use all reports to inform our prevention activity to
                reduce the number of victims of fraud.
                If you would like more information on how to protect yourself from fraud, there is
                information at www.actionfraud.police.uk/support_for_you.
                Thank you for taking the time to report this matter to us.
                Yours sincerely,
                Pete O'Doherty
                Director NFIB
                Why don't you ask inAction Fraud what evidence they need to consider there's been a fraudulent act and suggest that they actually read (and understand) 2006 Fraud Act

Comment

Hi All
                  i haven't been on for a while but I have been through all the posts.
                  i was at the end of paying Bournes but consequently they have £4k of mine, I have complained via the ombudsman at the start of this, I have recently sent an email to Downing street and they relplied saying they were sending it to the relevant dept, I also sent an email to watchdog not had a reply to that as yet, anyway
                  I was reading the Administrators proposal and on page 17 it states that Mr Levy had never had any dealings with Bournes previous to the Administration but he did as I have a letter from them over five years ago I am not sure what to do about this info I have found could you give me your opinions please. It wouldn't surprise me if it was all part of their nasty plan. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AChaz05 View Post
                    I was reading the Administrators proposal and on page 17 it states that Mr Levy had never had any dealings with Bournes previous to the Administration but he did as I have a letter from them over five years ago I am not sure what to do about this info I have found could you give me your opinions please.
                    Could you e-mail it to admin@legalbeagles.info

Comment

Hi All
                      i haven't been on for a while but I have been through all the posts.
                      i was at the end of paying Bournes but consequently they have £4k of mine, I have complained via the ombudsman at the start of this, I have recently sent an email to Downing street and they relplied saying they were sending it to the relevant dept, I also sent an email to watchdog not had a reply to that as yet, anyway
                      I was reading the Administrators proposal and on page 17 it states that Mr Levy had never had any dealings with Bournes previous to the Administration but he did as I have a letter from them over five years ago I am not sure what to do about this info I have found could you give me your opinions please. It wouldn't surprise me if it was all part of their nasty plan. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Comment

In what context did you have a letter from Mr Levy ? Was it related to Maddox Brown ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Maddox-Brown who Michelle Gilbourne was a director of for a month...........Bournes, Madox Brown, CN4J thes all need investigating......actually anything related to the Gilbournes or Frodsham!!!!!

Comment

Indeed. Levy's name I haven't seen come up before the administration though - so interested in that.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Email...

This email only applies to those who had made payments into the Bournes account(s) after 1 September 2014.

I advise that we have been working through scheduling the payments and it is noted that we have not heard from the majority of those who did make payments in. Please note that by not doing so will not affect the return of payments for that period. This will however cause delays in returning those payments to you.

Since receiving from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) their interpretation of the relevant rules that apply in these circumstances, there is a requirement for the Administrator to ensure that both he and the FCA’s interpretations of those rules are correct. Therefore, until we have absolute clarity and confirmed our understanding of those rules, in respect of returning monies for the period after 1 September 2014, the money held will be repaid as soon as possible thereafter.

The aforementioned rules permit the deduction of costs of the distribution (of money) process. Before deducting any costs of this particular exercise, we consider it appropriate to make absolutely sure that we comply with the relevant legislation before repaying these funds to clients. The timeline for completing the segregation of these funds and for receiving the guidance and advice on the manner in which these funds are to be returned ought not to take much longer than 4 weeks. It is our understanding that the FCA consider the costs of returning these specific funds and the costs of segregation are to be paid out of these specific funds alone and not out of the funds held by Bournes prior to 1 September 2014.

In the interim period, please could all clients who made payments into the accounts of Bournes after 1 September 2014 provide in writing copies of their statements showing the payments being made, together with confirmation of their account reference numbers, address details and certified true copies of their passport photo pages/driver’s licences. The identity documentation must be valid.

Also we will require your instructions as to how to process the payments, when we are in a position to do so. Either by bank transfer or cheque. Please ensure that you do not email to me your bank details.

All correspondence in relation to this specific matter must be in writing.

I thank those of you who have shown a great deal of restraint and patience at this time. I understand and share the frustration demonstrated by others.

This is a complex case, but we have on the whole achieved the purpose of the administration process and have since been working to ensure clients are kept informed (as far as we are able).

As a reminder, please note that we would like to receive from you pertinent questions that you have in relation to the conduct and trading practices of Bournes. We shall investigate any new matters that may arise from your replies. Please try to refrain from asking questions relating to returning money that you may have paid in prior to 1 September 2014.

Please also try to keep questions relevant and helpful to our investigation, providing information and documents to support your assertions you make also.

We are streamlining the time we expend on dealing with certain unhelpful questions in order to save costs. Please therefore do not feel that we are avoiding any issues that you are raising simply because we have not replied. As we have stated before, please select a ‘read receipt’ when sending emails. If you do not know how to do this, please ask someone who is computer proficient to assist you. Otherwise, put your concerns in writing and will respond within a period of 21 days.

Kind Regards
                              Virgil Levy

Comment

Hi I just received the above email also does this mean there is a little bit of light approaching here? Something is better than nothing I suppose.masroll:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X