• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ernest Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ernest Wilson

Originally posted by MalcolmD View Post
    Our dispute with Ernest Wilson is going to court. Basically, EW sell only advertising and do not enter into any form of sales negotiations. Anyone want to support this argument?
    On their blogspot site they claim to have sold around 250 businesses each year but how much involvement they have in the process isn't clear. Either way it's a minority of the 750 or so businesses they advertise on their website or the 2,000 they claim to have on their books.

There are some unhappy buyers too - here's another review from allagents:
    I'm not going to spend two hours writing up all of my experiences of Ernest Wilson and Co.
    To summarise, they lied to me. I eventually had to go to law to compel return of my deposit on a property they had flagrantly misrepresented.
    Do NOT deal with these scam artists.
    For further verification, put Ernest Wilson NFOPP into Google and find some of the disciplinary proceedings and punishments which have been issued against their staff for professional misconduct.
    What could Ernest Wilson do to change your mind??

“Acted in an honest, honourable manner. After someone had explained to them what these terms mean.”

Comment

A friend has kindly shared a copy of an old review from the web (sorry about the image quality). Looks like the history of disputes between Ernest Wilson and their clients goes back a few years at least.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi

I hope you can help. My father has been an unfortunate victim of a business transfer agent. My father arranged a for a business transfer agent to visit him after receiving a mail shot and was verbally told by the salesman (and company owner Robert Williamson) the total price should they not sell his business would be £600. He was also advised by Robert the shop would be guaranteed to be sold. My father didn't look at the contract until a few days later and realised the fees advised were lies, he would have to pay £600 + approx £100+ vat per month for the 6 month contract which would roughly equate to £1600 at the end of the 6 months. He then decided he wanted to cancel, he called robert 4 days later but was told he cannot cancel. In the contract it states it is for a minimum of 6 months during which time you will not be able to cancel the contract (signed on 10th sept 2014) and there is no mention of a cooling off period. Where does my father stand in all this? Does the written contract supersede any verbal commitments given by the sales rep? The company in question is the notorious Ernest Wilson of Leeds.

I would appreciate any advice you could give

Comment

Originally posted by Midlands bloke View Post
          Hi

I hope you can help. My father has been an unfortunate victim of a business transfer agent. My father arranged a for a business transfer agent to visit him after receiving a mail shot and was verbally told by the salesman (and company owner Robert Williamson) the total price should they not sell his business would be £600. He was also advised by Robert the shop would be guaranteed to be sold. My father didn't look at the contract until a few days later and realised the fees advised were lies, he would have to pay £600 + approx £100+ vat per month for the 6 month contract which would roughly equate to £1600 at the end of the 6 months. He then decided he wanted to cancel, he called robert 4 days later but was told he cannot cancel. In the contract it states it is for a minimum of 6 months during which time you will not be able to cancel the contract (signed on 10th sept 2014) and there is no mention of a cooling off period. Where does my father stand in all this? Does the written contract supersede any verbal commitments given by the sales rep? The company in question is the notorious Ernest Wilson of Leeds.

I would appreciate any advice you could give
          Hi ,
          First of all the statement of Robert Williamson , who in my opinion a con man, is totally wrong. Any contract can be cancelled within 14 days.. that's UK and EU law.

Also, the best form of defence is attack, the next step is to contact the local police fraud squad and report the activities. I will support you on this. Ernest Wilson has cheated 100's of independent traders and I have the goal to have EW brought to justice. I refused to pay so am going first to the small claims court but ultimately I want to get the money back from EW .. many good people have been driven into serious debt because of them. I am writing to the courts with a FOI to get to know exactly how many people have they taken to court over the last 3 years.

If ALL of us get a reference number from the fraud squad then we stand a chance of not only having invoices revoked.. IMPORTANT revoke any invoice from EW because they are fraudulent.; but we can claim for expenses.
          Last edited by Kati; 18th January 2015, 17:48:PM.

Comment

Just on this bit
            Any contract can be cancelled within 14 days.. that's UK and EU law.
            When was the contract entered into and was it entered into at home/place of work rather than at Ernest Wilson's branch?

It would be classed as a business to business contract so the consumer contract regulations might not apply.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi ,
              First of all the statement of Robert Williamson , who in my opinion a con man, is totally wrong. Any contract can be cancelled within 14 days.. that's UK and EU law.

Also, the best form of defence is attack, the next step is to contact the local police fraud squad and report the activities. I will support you on this. Ernest Wilson has cheated 100's of independent traders and I have the goal to have EW brought to justice. I refused to pay so am going first to the small claims court but ultimately I want to get the money back from EW .. many good people have been driven into serious debt because of them. I am writing to the courts with a FOI to get to know exactly how many people have they taken to court over the last 3 years.

If ALL of us get a reference number from the fraud squad then we stand a chance of not only having invoices revoked.. IMPORTANT revoke any invoice from EW because they are fraudulent.; but we can claim for expenses.
              The EU law is here is more clear. 14 days.The home office will back that There are some MP's standing up for this case. There is 100% proof now that EW are fraudulent.

Comment

The EU law is here is more clear. 14 days.The home office will back that There are some MP's standing up for this case. There is 100% proof now that EW are fraudulent.
                Contact fraud squad

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/BRT

Comment

Hi all

The contract was signed at my fathers business and there is no mention of a cooling off period in the contract. The contract States this shall be for a minimum of 6 months during which time you will (following in bold text) not be able to cancel the contract. Should there be info regarding cancellation within the 14 days be stipulated also? And my father has no evidence to show he attempt to cancel apart from the call he made to Roberts mobile number he gave to my father.

Comment

Here's a picture of the cancelation info/terms

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1163755

Comment

just turning it up the right way xx
                      Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Obviously we'll need you to point us to the evidence to back up that assertion. xx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I forgot to mention with the interim summary of charges they sent (as requested by myself) it gives dates and names of the newspapers where the adverts were placed. I'm thinking of ordering back copies if possible to check if actually true.

Comment

Originally posted by Midlands bloke View Post
                            I forgot to mention with the interim summary of charges they sent (as requested by myself) it gives dates and names of the newspapers where the adverts were placed. I'm thinking of ordering back copies if possible to check if actually true.
                            Ernest Wilson's ads tend to be 3-4 lines per business, usually without a pic and often among a page of many other ads (over 100 in some newspapers). It's very doubtful they cost Ernest Wilson anywhere near the £50 per ad they charge. Likewise their catalogue entries, £40 for a few lines of text: http://www.ernest-wilson.co.uk/uploads/E-catalogue.pdf

Another interesting claim from Ernest Wilson's literature is: "Many properties and businesses never reach our website or catalogue as they are purchased by waiting clients."

Comment

Also, the best form of defence is attack, the next step is to contact the local police fraud squad and report the activities.
                              MalcolmD, what was the response from the police on this?

Comment

Iv got in touch with http://www.cebta.org.uk who might be able to help. I would suggest those in a similar conundrum do likewise to get help and advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X