• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

PPi on disputed debt sold to DCA

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PPi on disputed debt sold to DCA

    Can a OC repay a successful PPi claim to a DCA who bought the account or reduce the debt themselves by keeping the PPI refund
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: PPi on disputed debt sold to DCA

    Sadly I believe the answer is yes. They tend to build terms into the assignment of the debt which finds a legal way around what, to us, seems wrong. I'm not sure whether they buy it back, apply the ppi to the balance, then sell it back again or something, but I know I've read it's legal - annoying isn't it!

    I think it was in this thread I read it:



    • #3
      Re: PPi on disputed debt sold to DCA

      Thanks for the reply, however I cannot gain access to the thread you highlighted


      • #4
        Re: PPi on disputed debt sold to DCA

        Sorry - you would probably have to pay to upgrade to VIP to see it - it costs 9.00, but gives access to a lot more areas.


        • #5
          Re: PPi on disputed debt sold to DCA

          Yes they can, had one that was sold to Cabot via BOS and Blair Oliver Scott, not assigned properly but when I "won" the PPI Cabot got most of it and I got the balance, but at least I was rid of it.
          Never give up, Never surrender.



          No announcement yet.

          upgrade to vip

          Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

          only £15/yr

          Offers available. No subscription traps.

          sign up now

          Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

          make a complaint

          Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

          Find a Law Firm