• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MKD LLP Duplicate Default on Credit Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MKD LLP Duplicate Default on Credit Report

Awesome advice once again. i shall do so and keep this thread updated.
    Thanks
    K

Comment

I Received 2 letters today from MKDP Saying the following basically.
      thank you for your letter.
      We can confirm that these accounts were taken over from Welcome finance an we have replaced our default with the original default being 01/01/2010.

Do you know what my next action should be as I have heard nothing back from the information commissioners office since I opened a complaint case 3 weeks ago?

At least I have their responces in writing now i guess?
      Any ideas.
      Thanks

Comment

Did you send with the letter a copy of your credit file, which clearly would have shown, that they had not replaced the welcome finance entry on your file, but had in fact enter a completely new entry on your file for the same account? If not you should do so, and point that out to them, that way they can not deny it.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hi Again.
          Yes I did send a full copy of my credit report and circled the entries from them and welcome.
          do you think its worth me sending them a final warning letter with a 3rd Copy of my credit report,
          If I was to go to court regarding this would my credit report showing both entries be sufficient proof for my case?

Comment

This is a copy of the last letter I sent to MKDP...

Finance Department
            MKDP LLP
            Fleming House
            Seebeck Place
            Milton Keynes
            MK5 8FR

Re. Accounts Ref xxx3589 & xxx0109

No Debt is acknowledged to your company or Welcome Finance

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent correspondence in response to my query.

You state in your letters that you have carried over the original Default Date from the Welcome Accounts; you also mention that they would have amended their records to allow you to update the details as you are now the legal owners of the accounts.

If you take the time to look at my attached credit report you will see the original Default Dates for these accounts being as follows and that you have added these as 2 new entries against my name

Hire Purchase Account Original Default date - 21/07/2006
            Loan Account Original Default date - 15/08/2006

You have added 2 new entries showing these as separate accounts with a default date of 01/01/2010.

Your information is incorrect and I ask it to be removed immediately
            This has been recorded with all 3 credit reference Agencies and must be removed.

You have breached the data protection act by submitting inaccurate information regarding me to the credit reference agencies. If you take over an account from an existing creditor you are legally obliged to carry over the original Default Date, thus treating it as a continuation of the original account. I will have no option to escalate this further to the Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office and the Financial Services Authority if you fail to acknowledge this point. I have made it very clear to you and provided evidence but you seem unwilling to comply

I will allow you up to the 12th of June 2012 being the original deadline when I originally wrote to you and look forward to your letter confirming that you have removed the defaults filed against my name with all 3 concerned reference agencies. I ask that you offer compensation as this has affected my credit report for the past 2 months therefore not allowing me to obtain credit and impairing me and my family financially.

Yours faithfully,

Karim Hopkins

Attached Document- Equifax Credit Report Obtained 28/05/2012 (Valid for 2191 Days)
            Sent Via Recorded Delivery

Comment

I checked my experian report today and these entries from MKDP have now dissapeared...
              They were there yesterday so they have adhered to my request and removed their entries by the 12th June.

DaviesG - i would try a similar method than I did.
              Teaboy thanks so much for your help with this issue.

Who knows I may even receive a cheque for some compensation.
              I now consider the matter closed. RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Thanks All

Comment

Originally posted by karimhopkins View Post
                I checked my experian report today and these entries from MKDP have now dissapeared...
                They were there yesterday so they have adhered to my request and removed their entries by the 12th June.

DaviesG - i would try a similar method than I did.
                Teaboy thanks so much for your help with this issue.

Who knows I may even receive a cheque for some compensation.
                I now consider the matter closed. RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Thanks All
                Well done!
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Received a letter from MKDP today saying the following....

Dear Mr xxxx

We are in receipt of your recent correspondence, the contents of which we note. Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Upon further investigation, with welcome finance, it has been confirmed that the correct default dates for the above accounts are 15th August 2006 and 21st July respectively.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any distress this matter may have caused you. As a goodwill gesture and with no acceptance of liability, we have arranged for both defaults to be removed completely.

In the meantime should you require more information regarding this matter pleas contact us on xxxx

Yours Sincerely

M McMillian

No cheque but just happy the removed these notices and all within 28 days of my request.

Comment

Great news karim.
                    I currently have experian working on it for me, but I will definitely be following your lead.
                    It just shows how sneaky these companies are, they are obviously doing it to a lot of people.

Comment

Hi again mate.
                      Try and get a copy of your report from all 3 agencies as the original defaults from Welcome only showed on my Equifax report so without that I wouldnt have had the evidence to speed up the process.

The CRAs may be able to provide you with older reports maybe to prove the original default dates maybe???

They all said to me that they cant remove them without consent from the creditor in question.

Hope you get this sorted.
                      Please post the outcome on here, maybe we can start a trend

Comment

Good news!!
                        Karim, I cheekily copied your first letter you sent, replaced with my details, print outs of evidence, reports etc, and gave them 14 days to reply.
                        Yesterday after 10 days they replied, saying after checking with welcome finance they agree that the default date should be march 2007 not 2010, and they have now amended this on my credit file.
                        So by march next year, fingers crossed I will be default free.
                        Thanks for the advice karim, and your original persistance! hope others follow suit.
                        all the best

Comment

Reading this thread with interest could somebody just clear up for me should the default appear on my credit report as the date of default? I have some that would be the correct date but some which are showing as defaulted last year which is definitely wrong any missed payments would've occurred at least 4 1/2 years ago all at the me time so why do some reflect that and will drop off next year and why do some show as not going to drop off til 2017!!
                          nic xo

Comment

Yes mate, what mkdp llp are doing is changing the default date to the date they took over the account, which is wrong, default date should never change.
                            Follow the steps in this thread to get it corrected.

Comment

Good News DaviesG.
                              Im glad my letter helped you out.
                              With mine they agreed to remove them entirely but they would of dissapeared in 7 days from now anyways.
                              I wonder if they did this in error through incorrect information from Welcome Finance or if they were trying it on.
                              Also I dont think they will have the cheek to ask for the outstanding amounts going forward.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X