• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain & Cheshire Regulations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blemain & Cheshire Regulations

Is the amount of your original loan over 25K? if so it is unregulated.
    G

Comment

Yes Gallahad it is sadly....I have posted up Cobbetts last letter...since that letter I have gathered all the info they required but unless they tell me how much they want from me to clear the arrears I am not going to go through my I & E Form with them.
      Attached Files

Comment

I will later on today post up a summary on how far things have got with my case...as I need to go and have some lunch before I pass out xx

Comment

I am with Rooftop another company that sets out to repossess whenever they can. So I am fully aware about the workings of these so called mortgage companies you just have to look at my rooftop thread.

You can make a complaint to the solicitors regulatory body, I am sure that someone will be able to give you the details. I am in hospital and only have limited access to stuff as we talk.

I thought I read somewhere that Blemaine or one of their associate companies have received a huge fine for mis-selling and that compensation was due? So it sounds like they are trying to get in as much money as they can.

I don't think they can keep your other half off the form to sign for the repayments as this is a joint mortgage and this form I should not think is legal if it omits your other half but again I am not a legal person and I urge to to take legal advice on this aspect.

Originally posted by jumper999 View Post
          Thanks Tuttsi.....there are as many of you a lot of things Blemain are doing like swift which is a crime in itself. As for charges....they have added approx £2,500 and I bet more since they sent me their breakdown. I have asked for a full breakdown of their sols costs...as I am sure they have been charging me for everytime they instruct a new sol to play catch up with the case.

Also when it comes to costs...they have not followed pre-action protocol...and I will add what they did not do as I go along. I will post up the last correspondence from Cobbetts in a bit.

Comment

Ok jumper, have you explored the hidden commission aspect and or unfair relationships statute.?
            G

Comment

Hi G...yes I have explored all these matters way way time ago.....the thing I need to concentrate on right now is my possession claim that is live and ongoing.

Thanks I really appreciate your input as I know your are not feeling too well at present. As I said earlier I will post up a summary of my ongoing case for all to see. Just need to dig out the main parts.

Comment

Although not the same as my case....I came across this info this morning....involving Blemain:

Possession warrants and abuse of process

Following a successful claim for possession and execution of a possession warrant, an individual has very limited routes by which they can attempt to secure re-entry to the property. However, the courts will set aside a possession warrant and permit re-entry where the warrant can be shown to have been obtained by fraud, or where there has been an abuse of process or oppression in its execution.

A key question, therefore, is how far an individual will have to go to show that the possession proceedings in question amount to an abuse of process?

Given such cases tend to be fact specific, it is difficult to give any precise definition of an “abuse of process”. However, as a general rule, an abuse of process occurs when a court rule which is more than a mere formality is not complied with. For example, a warrant that is issued before the date on which possession is due is a nullity, and enforcement of such a warrant therefore amounts to abuse (Tuohy v Bell [2002] EWCA Civ 423). Similarly, an abuse of process will arise where a warrant is executed more than 12 months after it was obtained and the landlord has not applied for permission to renew the warrant (eg see Hackney LBC v White (1996) 28 HLR 219, CA).

In more recent times and given the current economic climate, the courts have been faced with an increasing number of cases involving more flagrant acts and allegations of abuse of process against lenders or landlords. The case of Blemain Finance Limited v Ridley [June 2012 Darlington County Court] is such an example. It concerned the issue of whether, and if so when, an arrears payment had been received.

Ms Ridley owned a home, which was charged with a mortgage. In 2006, she took out another secured loan with Blemain Finance for £20,000. Ms Ridley was unable to meet the payments due under this loan, and in 2006 Blemain Finance obtained a possession order and warrant. However, Ms Ridley subsequently paid the arrears due and the warrant was not enforced.

Ms Ridley later fell into further financial difficulty, and incurred arrears of around £1,500. Blemain applied for a warrant of possession and a date for execution was obtained. Four days prior to execution, Ms Ridley received notice of the eviction date from Blemain. The letter stated that the arrears in question could be cleared via the making of a payment on the lender’s website. The letter did not, however, make mention of Ms Ridley’s right to apply to the court for a stay of eviction. Ms Ridley subsequently spoke to an agent of Blemain, and was further assured that should she pay the arrears via the lender’s website, she would be “up to date and fine”. Accordingly two days prior to the date for execution of the warrant, Ms Ridley paid the outstanding arrears via the lender’s website on a debit card.

Despite this payment, the eviction went ahead. Ms Ridley called Blemain, but was informed that there was nothing they could do. On the same day, Ms Ridley applied for reentry and a stay of the warrant. At the hearings, it transpired Blemain had returned Ms Ridley's payment on the day following her eviction. The District Judge therefore held that, as Blemain had clearly been in receipt of the monies prior to the eviction date, the execution of the warrant had amounted to an abuse of process. Ms Ridley was permitted to re-enter the property, the warrant was suspended and Blemain ordered to pay the costs of Ms Ridley's application and of both hearings.
                Undoubtedly, the burden of proving an abuse of process is a heavy one. However, this case demonstrates that the courts will readily, and quite rightly, intervene in cases involving dubious practices which amount to an abuse of the court’s process.

Possession warrants and abuse of process - Lexology

Comment

Does anyone know what Blemain link their interest rate to please?

Comment

Sorry to tell but it depends on what story they are giving that day.
                    G

Comment

Originally posted by gallahad View Post
                      Ok jumper, have you explored the hidden commission aspect and or unfair relationships statute.?
                      G
                      Hi G...regarding commission I wrote to Ocean Finance who brokered the loan...and below is the response they gave. They loaned the money solely on my OH's self declared income. No checks at all were carried out neither did they ask for any proof of income. If you read Blemain's own policies and guidelines for lending you will see they have gone against their own lending & underwriting procedures.....but will they admit it? mmmmm....doubt it...but if a judge asked them in court what measures did they carry out in order to see if we were entitled or could afford the loan then I am certain they would have a problem.

As that case involving GMAC v Countryside surveyors was a similar scenario....where the borrower had fabricated his income...and GMAC did not carry out appropriate checks and went against their own underwriting & lending guidelines.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That certainly seems worth pursuing jumper,
                        G

Comment

Just attached a letter which Cobbetts sent my sol and a copy of the letter they sent to the court...about dates.

This was the last correspondence that I had with my sol as he advised me that I should contact Blemain direct to try and reach a settlement....that is great hey...like they will ever agree to anything. All I can see is that they want me to get a Suspended possession order even if I can prove that I can pay...and shown that I can.

So like I said I am waiting to see what they respond to to my last letter as I have sent Cobbetts a letter to asking they deal with me direct from now as I unable to afford any more legal fees...plus things are going to be less complicated if I deal with then direct...well I hope they will....just that I have no choice that's all...and that is why I have to do this.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Blemain allegedly work on the same business model as Goldman Sacks in that they look to lend to people who at some stage are likely to be unable to keep up payments as their biggest profits come from repossessions rather than interest on loans.
                            G

Comment

Just a couple more letters I received...one from my sol giving me advice on what he had been dealing with Cobbetts.

My sol sent me this email attached to his letter:

Dear Jumper

I hope you are well.

Please find attached a letter from the other side. I should be grateful for your instructions. Despite information being provided, it does not appear from their letter that they are considering settlement of these proceedings.

However, please do revert to me with the information they have requested, and more importantly your response to the increased figure which they have stated in respect of repayments.

I look forward to hearing from you.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have just checked the CCA Register and looks like Blemain's licence is still pending for re-newal.......I wonder why? are they under investigation? bet they are!!!!!!!

Event Details

Licence Details:

0032328 Current Blemain Finance Limited
                                Event Details:

44 Renewal 04-May-2011 Open
                                Licence Event Details:

Role Name Action
                                LICENSEE Blemain Finance Limited Pending
                                Officer Adrian Joseph Grant Pending
                                Officer Gary Bailey Pending
                                Officer Gary Derek Beckett Pending
                                Officer Henry Neville Moser Pending
                                Officer Marc Richard Goldberg Pending
                                Officer Stephen Paul Baker Pending
                                Officer Tracey Bailey Pending

Address Type Address Action
                                Correspondence Bracken House, Charles Street, Manchester Central, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 7BD Pending
                                Principal Place Of Business Lake View, Lakeside, CHEADLE, SK18 3GW, UK Pending
                                Registered Office Lake View, Lakeside, CHEADLE, SK8 3GW, UK Pending
                                Trading Names:

Name Action
                                Blemain Pending
                                Blemain Finance Pending
                                Blemain Finance Direct Pending
                                Blemain Group Pending
                                Blemainfinancecustomers.co.uk Pending
                                Direct Finance Pending
                                Categories:

Category Action
                                Consumer credit Retained
                                Consumer hire Retained
                                Credit brokerage Retained
                                Credit reference agency Removed
                                Debt adjusting/counselling Removed
                                Debt collecting Removed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X