• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tricky Letter from Lowell Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricky Letter from Lowell Financial

Hi. Is there anyone who can enlighten me about what they are trying to say here? In a few words. I had a default with Three mobile 5 years ago. In February 2016 I have received a letter from Lowell Financial, with a doctored Statement of Account attached, and claiming that Lowell Portfolio has bought the debt and now they (Lowell Financial) are acting on behalf of them, and obviously asking me to pay the outstanding balance. They told me that I have breached the agreement with Three and yet never provide me with the agreement they claim I have breached. However. Since February 2016 they inundated me with letters of claim. This is the last letter I have received from Lowlife. Thanks a lot.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Ummmmm... I have no idea as yet.

It's something about the difference between the debt being sold to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd .... and Lowell Portfolio I Ltd acquiring the rights to collect on the debt....

You've blanked out the company who sold the debt to Lowell (or not as the case may be ).... is that not Three ? (looks a bit long to be Three) ie did it get sold to someone else before Lowell picked it up?

Can you post the new Notice of Assignment they've sent? ( and do you have the old one still for comparison?)

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Amethyst. I will post soon so-called Notice of Assignment sent by them, just right now I need, before I'm posting it, to blank personal details. To me, it doesn't look to be an original NOA sent or made by Three. Looks more like very poor forgery. Indeed, it is Three who sold the debt to Lowell. As far as I know, no one but Lowell claimed the debt.

Comment

Hi again. I blanked my details on the NOA sent by Lowlife to me. Were Lowell printing machine details on the left top corner, then QR above my address and my name, and the last one was on middle right hand side of the paper. Lowlife do that to ''marked'' the letters they send to the victims, and like that they can recognised later the person on this forum and not only. I had similar crap sent by Lowlife before. Both letters I have received from Lowlife has been dated with the same date.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I do have the old NOA firstly sent by Lowlife, just I need to find through my papers. I will post it soon I will find it. Thanks again.

Comment

Thank you. I think we need to see the difference in the wording of the original NOA and the new one to see what they are talking about in the letter.

Sold / Acquired ... ? odd.

( The assignor can give permission to the assignee to send the notice of assignment, so yes it is likely Lowell wrote and printed it )
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi again! I managed to find the first NOA received in 2016 from Lowlife on behalf of Three. It saying very clearly that the debt was SOLD to Lowlife and not ''ACQUIRED'' by Lowlife - whatever they are trying to mislead with this word/expression.
              Attached Files

Comment

Another letter received from Lowlife. This time they are talking about a 'Pre Legal Assessment'' ??? Can anyone give an idea about that. I know there are Letters of Action, but not Pre Legal Assessment.
                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X