• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds sold debt to lowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds sold debt to lowells

Hi
    I have a credit card debt with lloyds have not paid anything to them since the end of 2014 when out of the blue Westcott were attempting to collect supposedly on lloyds behalf.After a lot of letter ping pong and CCA requests SAR request etc I came to the conclusion that no CCA was available documents were not acurate wrong address on documents and I have not paid since .

Last week I got a goodbye letter from Lloyds and Hello letter from Lowell my debt has been sold and then this morning I had a text message from Lowell (no idea where they got my number) asking me to get in touch the debt is for just over £12,000 what's the best way to proceed as I know there is definitely no documentation.
    Tags: None

well litigious lowells are,you say CCA not correct? give more details when taken out/last payment / default notice etc?

Comment

Hi thanks Mike taken out 2003 defaulted 2010 last payment I think was 2014

Comment

I've just been digging out some paperwork the last debt collection agency who tried chasing was Westcott in 2014 they sent a load of statements with the last payment in 2010 as I remember it was bundled up with lloyds solicitors who turned out to be bogus so I'm not sure what happened to the payments I made to them even if there is any other paperwork so it could be SB

Comment

well over £10,000 = if it went to court would be above the small claims threshold! you say requested a CCA1974 and not supplied? wrong address ? do you recognise tyhe address stated/

Comment

@JAGUARSUK
            Last edited by MIKE770; 23rd July 2018, 15:05:PM.

Comment

it was bundled up with lloyds solicitors who turned out to be bogus

Think you might need to expand on that a little bit.... or have you got that and history to this one on a thread somewhere?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                Yes I had a thread on here in 2015 but it's not listed on my account
                I paid lloyds or I think it was SCM solicitors by payment book then out of the blue I got a letter ftom Westcott saying I had to pay them so I started querying with help on here why I should pay Westcott I seem to have a stack of statements filed away from Westcott but last payment was in 2010 nothing is there from my payment book I did send off a Sar as CCA to lloyds got loads of stuff back with a recon but not the correct address when the account was opened .

hope this helps

Comment

This one ? http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...ds-credit-card
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

That's the one thanks it reminds me now of what happened.

Now as you can see its been quiete since then, I never paid Westcott and heard nothing until now with lowells stating they own it.So do I just write to lowells and tell them it's disputed which it has been for years or if I can't find payment info and they haven't got it could it be SB

Comment

Morning everyone
                      Been in the loft to dig out paperwork Lloyds sent back in September 2015 it's a photocopied credit agreement but with my present address no sight of the address I lived at back in 2001 they state they have fulfilled my 78 request
                      signed statement of account
                      reconstituted version of current terms and conditions
                      reconstituted version of the original executed agreement

it goes on to say they have filled all their obligations to provide a copy of the executed agreement under section 78 as such the agreement is fully enforceable we will not enter into any further correspondence with you regarding the requirements relating to the provision of copy agreement

That was the last I heard from them and Westcott who trying to collect at the time.

Any help with this would be much appreciated

Comment

Can anyone help please

Comment

I think you would be best sending a CCA request off to Lowell now. You already know they can't comply, else Westcott/Lloyds would have complied back in 2015. Add "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company" at the top to protect your statute barred status ( you've 2 years left which is likely why it's now sold on to Lowell and they will look to bring court action in the next few months I suspect ) It may be the payment book never comes back to light and you can argue 2010 or the default date for your stat barred cause of action date. Has it fallen off your credit file already ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes the default has gone

Comment

Is it basically a prove it letter then

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X