• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Adventist letter wanting me to ring them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventist letter wanting me to ring them

Hi I changed my name by deed pool about 4 years ago. I have received a letter from a company called Advantis, saying they are acting on behalf of the DVLA. The address they have quoted as my former address is correct. I changed my name while living at the former address, DVLA were contacted and obviously since then I got a replacement licence with my new address on. I’m just a bit confused why the DVLA would use this company, having my change of name and new address in their system. Any advice would be most welcome. Thank you
    Tags: None

Advantis work with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) to recover outstanding fines.

Your details have been passed to us because your vehicle has not been taxed or had a statutory off road notification (SORN), resulting in a fine which the DVLA has asked Advantis to recover.

Non-payment of the penalty is a civil offence under Section 7a of the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 and, if your vehicle remains unlicensed, your vehicle could be clamped, removed and impounded incurring release and storage fees.

You must insure and tax your vehicle if it is not SORN. If you don’t, you’ll automatically be fined for not having a SORN.

If you have taxed your vehicle or declared a SORN since receiving notification of the fine, the penalty is still payable.

hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up. My car is taxed but I did forget to tax it earlier this year when it was due, so I think it was about a month without tax. I will call them it’s got to be that. Once again thank you for your help

Comment

I might be inclined to contact DVLA for information about this alleged debt rather than Advantis, at least in the first instance.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes, I’m surprised DVLA didn’t initially contact you before passing it on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X