• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fredrickson - Orange(now EE) old account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredrickson - Orange(now EE) old account

Good Morning all,

I hope you all had a good weekend.

I am working my way through my credit report to sort out my debts. There is an entry made by Fredrickson DCA for on old Orange account. I wrote to Fredrickson with the standard CCA letter encosing £1. I have just had a reply from them saying:

"Please be advised that the Consumer Credit Act does not apply to this account as it relates to a contract for services and not credit and as such usage of the services was regarded as acceptance of the contract and our clients terms and conditions:"
    "Further please be advised that in order to obtain a copy of the contract relating to this account, Oranges policy states you will need to contact the store where you originally purchased the phone who will assist in that matter."
    "Regarding your request for a breakdown of the debt , we confirm that we have referred the matter to our client to obtain copies of the relevant documentation for your information. In the meantime, your account will remain on hold until we receive further instruction, we will revert to you."

Could someone please advise what my next step should be regarding this debt if its not covered by the CCA Act?

With regards obtaining a copy of the contract - this goes back to 2010 and I have absolutely no idea where I purchased the phone from - I don't even have the phone anymore,

Not sure where to go next with this so any thoughts would be very welcome.

TIA J
    Tags: None

As well as not having the phone anymore I don't even have the same number either.

Comment

I think another SAR sent off to Orange would be in order. The account seems to have been put on hold pending the DCA finding information out about it. If this is from 2010 do you know when it defaulted ? or how long the original contract term was? must be due to drop off the credit file soon.

I'd not respond back to the DCA just wait for them to send further details.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Many Thanks Amethyst

I’ll do a SAR to Orange and go from there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X