• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Here we are again! Advantis: HM Revenue and customs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we are again! Advantis: HM Revenue and customs

Long story, had 4 years off looking after children 2012-2016, my wife was getting the child tax credits. I got a job in August 2016, informed HMRC. Now we are being hounded for an alleged debt of £1400! I have contacted HMRC, my pension credits for the 4 years have now been awarded to me, yet they still say we owe them this money. We have done everything by the book, and have (so far) managed to clean up our CF's greatly. I even got money back from Vanquish...(miracle!) a while back for PPI. Now due to an accident have been off work for nearly a year and my claim may well be escalated up multi track. I have a lot going on with appts etc, so any advice be appreciated. Will become a VIP soon.
    Tags: None

Did you keep paying your NI stamp?

Comment

As i am still technically employed, yes. I just got the 4 years back that I should have been given. All women get told what to do, as a male, all I wanted to do was look after my youngest 2 until 4yrs of age so they were in school. The job immin now doesn’t look safe as they are mentioning ill
      health pension. Im not bothered. Not had one call from the head of dept or anyone else. I was awarded PIP recenky so it covers my outgoings. Most anyway. Plus get interim payments (when the 3rd party send them) so for now im
      in a better position than at work, I save £200 a month I’m diesel, £300 a month in school club fees (breakfast/after school clubs).. pointless working really formlittle return and when clearly not valued despite my experience. Looking into uni full time..

Comment

What do you actually owe them for??

Comment

It says overpayment of tax credits..my wife knows more as she was claiming them not me..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X