• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal 'letter of claim' - help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal 'letter of claim' - help please

I wasn't quite sure where to post this so apologies if this is the wrong place.

I received a 'letter before claim' today from BW Legal. It advises unless I reply before 12th July they will issue a claim against me in the County Court.

It relates to a money shop loan I got, in store, in 2013. I got one cash loan in store and never paid it back, I was under extreme financial pressure at the time. Of course I am not proud of this, but thats what happened. I dont recall ever communicating with anyone about this or responding to any of the various letters that I got. I cannot even remember how much I got in store, but this asks me to pay £466 - I doubt I got that much though to be honest.

Im not really sure what to do, as I understand this is a required step before they take me to court, but is there any point me lodging an affordability complaint with The Money Shop and asking BW Legal to suspend their recovery efforts? Or shall I ask BW to show me documentation proving they can enforce the debt?

I tried to look at my account online with BW Legal but it isnt accepting my details.

Any help would be apprecaited.
    Tags: None

Don't worry many many people got caught in these high cost short term lenders basically throwing money at people in difficulty. Yes lodge an affordability complaint with Money Shop but deal with BW legal separately. Sending a data protections ( SAR ) to Moneyshop might help gather info to help with the affordability complaint as well as potentially dealin with BW Legal.

Respond to the letter of claim by completing the form, disputing the debt and requiring more information ( agreement, statements, default notice and assignment notice), and also send a CCA request to the owners of the debt ( is it owned by BW Legal or are they acting for someone like Lowell ? )

And don't try logging in to BW Legal or anything, just stick to letters

CCA Request

Subject Access Request Letter
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your help, I emailed them asking to help logging into my online account but didnt mention the debt..hopefully that wont mess things up.

I got confused trying to establish who 'owns' the debt...it says they are acting on behalf of PRAC financial but I was led to believe affordability complaint should always go to the original lender?

I wasn't sure whether to tell BW Legal I am launching an affordability complaint AND ask them for all the paperwork/statements too, all at once?

Comment

Morning

Yes, affordability complaint and SAR to original lender

CCA request to PRAC ( as they are now creditor by assignment)

Reply to preaction letter to BWLegal. ( keep the affordability issue separate for now just ask for documents )

Dont worry about having emailed BWLegal - you were trying to find out info about the debt they have written to you about that's all xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

HI, I have done the above.

I just wondered what do I do if they don't respond to my letter at all, do I just leave it?

Comment

Please help me someone Im scared

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

Good Morning Obstacle xxx

Apologies for missing your post , I'm just having a read
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay, you're fine You've replied to the letter before claim and sent a CCA request to PRAC Financial ( as the owners of the debt ).

You should now also send a SAR for your data from the the original loan to The Money Shop/Instant Cash Loans Ltd, 6 Bevis Marks, London, EC3A 7BA. Subject Access Request Letter

Then you will have the information needed and can look at submitting your affordability complaint directly to The Money Shop.

Otherwise it's a case of waiting for BW Legal and PRAC to respond to your requests for information. Of course, they may entirely ignore you and issue a claim, but it will all help your defence if they do that - just don't ignore anything that arrives and post on here xxxx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks so much I can sleep easy again for now, no response from anything yet!

Comment

Have you heard anything or filed your defence ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X