• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA chasing shortfall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA chasing shortfall

Hi.will try and make it as short as I can..all started around 1996 when bought a house with halifax for 40k with then partner..relationship only lasted a couple of years and it was decided that she stays in the house as she had nowhere to go and could afford the payment better that me.i moved back to parents.had no contact with her there was no need until I received a letter from shoesmiths a few years later.the house had been repossed and ended up with 14000 debt...took me a while to track her down but when I did she said she will sort it.she told me she had started making payments and I was left alone..that was up until around 2008 when I received another letter chasing the debt.tried contacting her to find out she had wed and left the country.australia I've been told..anyway in the 10 or so years since she left and stopped paying I have received letters from various dca's and solicitors all of which I ignored.most i didn't even open.it has been causing me a lot of stress as of late so I decided to try a tackle the problem.ive been in my current place for a couple of years and had unopened letters from shoesmiths at first and moorcroft most recently.i decided to bite the bullet and open them..what I thought was strange is that i firstly received a letter off the halifax in both cases saying that these companies were acting on their behalf.but both had the same post mark as the following letters so had obviously been sent from the collectors and not Halifax?? Is it more likely the debt has been sold on?? Shoesmiths threatened me with court action in their last letter which obviously didn't materialise as it was passed to moorcroft.what I can't understand is why I have had no court proceedings in all this time..could it be that they don't have the necessary paperwork
    Tags: None

Can anyone advise?

Comment

period of 12 years passed??????

Mortgage shortfalls | Am I liable? | National Debtline

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/...gage-debt.aspx
      check your rights if you owe a mortgage shortfall debt jointly with someone else;. find out if it is worthwhile disputing the ... When does the time limit start running?

Comment

No..she was paying monthly payments up until she left the country in 2008

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X