• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot financial unenforceable debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot financial unenforceable debt

Hi, I am new to this so hope this is the right place.
    I got into a lot of debt in 2005 and was defaulted by hsbc in 2006 and since 2007 I have been paying up to 60 pound per month (it was less in the beginning) to cabot. I feel now I've paid more than the debt ever was so I requested a copy of my cca under the act. They wrote to me and said hsbc cannot supply them and it' uneforcable but the letters I have from them.say I am.obliged to pay and liable for balance. What can I Do? I am angry as I think a shed load of charges were added on but cannot get information. It' dropped off my credit file and they keep calling me.or texting me! Can anyone help.please!
    thank you.
    Tags: None

You could send a SAR request to hsbc to see what I formation they actually hold, it would also conform any charges they may have added.
    As for Cabot just ignore them they can’t do anything legally to you other than request (beg) that you continue paying.

Comment

Bit of a quandary. By keeping up paying instalments, you are acknowledging the debt. If you still acknowledge the debt, request a breakdown of all their charges applied. Your other course of action is to write to them one final time and tell them that if they can't supply the agreement OR a facsimile then the debt is unenforceable.

Comment

Thank you both. I said it was unenforacble and that they had harassed Me (endless calls) I then get a letter from.a person in complaints delartmemt saying they invesyugated my xomplaint and their contact was reasonable and I still have to pay even if not enforceble!

Comment

Can you get a log of the calls? Your telecoms supplier should be able to give you a breakdown. However , they may have their number blocked.

I thought this telephone harassment stuff ended a few years ago; looks like it's still afoot!

Comment

You do NOT have to pay if it's not enforceable. But, again, if you've been making payments, that's admitting to the debt.

Comment

Thank you again. I have blocked their number but they call repeatedly leaving a message which is automated as blocking the phone simply sends it to voicemail. I am not responding.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X