• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell/voda ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell/voda ccj

he there new to the forum having problems with vodaphone i received a ccj at the end of febuary (£1000ish) i only recieved a judgement in default not a claim form.

i had a ongoin service dispute with vodaphone between 2014 and 2015 and in september 15 they agreed to csncel the contract free of charge . i recieved letters 9months later from lowell so i went back to vodsphone who said they couldnt check phonecalls that old and the accoun didnt reflect my "story" and refuesed to do anything i kept fighting vodaphone they removed the mrk on my credit file and i thought it was over then this year a ccj.
    i sent of a SAR to vodaphone and now have notes from the account and can see that it clearly states that they offered to cancel FOC but i have fowared that to lowells solicitor and they have replied it isnt enough evidence .

as much as i cant be bothered with this company anymore i dont see why i sould have a ccj in my name for a admin error of a corporation im looking to ask the court to get the judgement set aside can anyone offer any other advise

TIA
    Tags: None

Vodafone the worse as stated by WHICH magazine poll again, they have a rep on here Lee see if he surfaces? he must be embarrassed at the constant revelations

Comment

Originally posted by nosmaster89 View Post
      he there new to the forum having problems with vodaphone i received a ccj at the end of febuary (£1000ish) i only recieved a judgement in default not a claim form.

i had a ongoin service dispute with vodaphone between 2014 and 2015 and in september 15 they agreed to csncel the contract free of charge . i recieved letters 9months later from lowell so i went back to vodsphone who said they couldnt check phonecalls that old and the accoun didnt reflect my "story" and refuesed to do anything i kept fighting vodaphone they removed the mrk on my credit file and i thought it was over then this year a ccj.
      i sent of a SAR to vodaphone and now have notes from the account and can see that it clearly states that they offered to cancel FOC but i have fowared that to lowells solicitor and they have replied it isnt enough evidence .

as much as i cant be bothered with this company anymore i dont see why i sould have a ccj in my name for a admin error of a corporation im looking to ask the court to get the judgement set aside can anyone offer any other advise

TIA
      Hi Tia and welcome

I wanted to say this bit first because it's important and doesn't get missed. Any application to the court carries a risk if you are unsuccessful of having costs awarded to the other side against you.

Basically you need to make an application to set the judgement aside pursuant to CPR Part 13.2 as you were not in receipt of the claim form and the claim was settled before judgement was entered as you can evidence no debt owing. This will cost you £255 to file or if you are on a low income/benefits you may be eligible for help with fees. If successful in getting the judgement set aside you should ask for costs of it to be awarded to you.

If you can gain the consent of the Claimant to set it aside then the fee is reduced I believe and you obviously have a better chance of success in setting it aside.

In an application if they do not consent I would also apply for the court to dismiss the claim on the grounds that Vodafone agreed to end the contract with no early termination fees, therefore they could not have legally assigned any debt to Lowell (if they are the Claimant) and filing the claim is an abuse of process as no debt is owed.

Lee Vodafone Company Rep I think your company ought to helping this individual whom has a copy of your call log showing no debt is owed and now has a CCJ against their name apparently from an administrative error. Probably in addition to some help from Vodafone Tia you might want to see what compensation they offer... £255 sounds about right to me so you don't have to gamble on whether you'll get your costs back.

There is a much more in depth explanation of set aside here: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...tailed-version

COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

thank you for yoyr advice (tia = thanks in advance )
        my name is lee but thank you so far i have sent the call log to lowell and they said causei had chaced tje debt with voda 9 months latèr there was a note saying call the ombidsam they said they down belive it was cancelled (clearly it wasnt or i woudnt have had a debt) but they say im still liable

Comment

Hi nosmaster89,

I appreciate the concerns you've raised here.

So I can access the account to see what's happened, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
          I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Voda should tell Lowell to cancel the CCJ, as the debt was wrongly sold to them, Lowell would send a claimform for a quid they are a greedy fleecing DCA. Voda probably sold them the balance for pennies in the pound. wrongly as there was no debt to sell on. Voda are as liable as Lowell, they wrongly sold the non debt to lowell.
            if Lowell won't Voda should be ethical and bankroll the set aside and provide the evidence that Lowell obtained a CCJ for a zero balance.

You deffo didn't recieve a letter Before Action, nor a claimform? Have you moved house in the last 2 years?

Comment

no claim form recieved nothing untill jidgement had other item of post not turn up at the same time vodaphone wont budge as there in deadlock with me tells me to go to obudsman but they wont help now there is a ccj iv just come back of the phone to voda and they have again told me to go to the onbudsman lowell say because it went to deadlock 2 years after i closed it they think its a valid debt .

i heard the daily mail were intrested in voda cases does anyone have any contact info ?

Attached Files

Comment

i heard the daily mail were intrested in voda cases does anyone have any contact info ?
                I wouldn't go talking to journalists, they are only interested in the story and usually make things worse. Contact Lee via the method in post #5 and resolve this the correct way.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

blimey do not let Di hear that!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                    blimey do not let Di hear that!
                    I heard that!

After several decades as an award winning journalist I obviously resent such a negative sweeping statement against my former profession.

The same poster has expressed their distain of all members of the legal profession (my current profession) in posts on another thread which I ignored.

Forums are for expressing opinions - what’s been said is only one person’s opinion not a fact

Di

Comment

New it, some people have to be told sometimes Di is the person to tell them! good on you our Di.

Comment

I used to be a journalist on the Daily Mail - what makes you think they are currently interested in these cases?

Publicity can be a force for good if it’s accurately reported and doesn’t cause problems with any ongoing litigation.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post

I heard that!

After several decades as an award winning journalist I obviously resent such a negative sweeping statement against my former profession.

The same poster has expressed their distain of all members of the legal profession (my current profession) in posts on another thread which I ignored.

Forums are for expressing opinions - what’s been said is only one person’s opinion not a fact

Di

It was not directed as a personal affront to you, it was merely a statement based on experience with multiple media interactions and so was my opinion of legal professionals.

As to quite why you would believe either are directed at you or feel the need to respond to either is beyond me as neither were directed at you via an @ tag?
                          Last edited by jaguarsuk; 2nd May 2018, 14:35:PM.

Comment

well i contacted that form from lee but i didnt receive a email back from them. So its a waiting game i suppose

Comment

If you are going to apply to set aside this judgment you will need to do it promptly. You would then be able to defend the debt claim ( or settle ).

So you should ask for the claimants consent to set aside the judgment firstly, and then apply to the court - it will cost you £255 ( unless you're on a v low income / benefits when you can apply for fee remission ).

Do you know how come you didn't receive the original claim in order to defend it?
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X