• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AIC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIC

Hi everyone,

might be something, might be nothing. Had a missed call on my landline, no message but checked the number, came up as being AIC. I’ve read mixed responses about them from various sources.

The only reason i can think for them contacting me is that I had a Natwest account which I left in overdraft. I haven’t used the account since the beginning of 2004 and have moved addresses a few times since then, but did not inform the bank. If it is regarding this situation, I’m worried that I’ll have 14 years worth of charges that they will now expect me to pay ! Obviously I wouldn’t have seen any letters from Natwest etc as the address on their file wouldn’t be correct. I’ve seen a few bits about accounts being statute barred, but I’m afraid to contact Natwest to ask them in case this is seen as recognising my account and could affect further issues. It’s really the fact that they rung my landline that has got me concerned.

The only other debt I have is on credit card which I pay off at least the minimum amount monthly.

Any help greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

They are trying to find you and phoning just to check if it's you, or it could be just coincidental. Ignore and don't poke them in the eye with that stick.

Comment

Thank you for the reply,

So I should just ignore the calls ? Or answer but refuse to give them any personal information until they tell me what it’s regarding to ? Presumably if they have my home telephone number then they can find out my address pretty easily.

Comment

But they don't really know it's the person they are looking for, they are only guessing. If you do answer the phone (do you not have Caller ID? ) then ask them for the security password before you will speak to them.

Comment

I have caller id so know what number she to avoid, but I was just wondering if I do that, it’s only a matter of time before these people can find out addresses from phone numbers (which I’ve still no idea how they got, as it’s a new number) or will they then bombard my old address with stuff which will then find it’s way to me anyway ?

Thank you for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X