• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell

Hello everyone. I've been reading posts on here trying to get some advice about a problem I am having with Lowell. It's got to the point now were I no longer no what to do.

​​​​​I've been receiving "threatograms" from Lowell for a couple of years now over a Vodaphone account j had when I was a student in 2013. I don't really remember the account but I'm pretty sure the one they are talking about is a contract I had to pay my way out of because I broke the phone. I paid £200 to pay off the last bill I owed them and to cancel the contract. After that I didn't receive any letters or emails or anything off them saying I owed them a debt. Then about a year later that's when Lowell started contacting me. I have gotten sick of there constant pestering and even calling my mother asking for the money. I am 24 so I'm not sure if that's a breach of any rules as that's leaking personal information. The last letter they sent me was threatening me with a CCJ. So I've sent the a prove it email. They have replied saying:

"Your account with the Lowell Reference ****relatesto an agreement between you and Vodafone. The terms and conditions you agreed to allow the rights and benefits of the account to be assigned or sold to third party.

On 26/01/2017 we formally notified you that Lowell had purchased this account from Vodafone and is the Data Controller in this matter.

Your last payment on this account was for £4.17 on 09/11/2015. As your payments were not up-to-date, Vodafone sent a suspension notice to you prior to the account being defaulted on 03/07/2016.

When this account was sold to Lowell,Vodafoneclosed the account on their systems and ceased reporting information about the account to the credit reference agencies. Once we were notified thatVodafone had ceased reporting, we took over the responsibility for reporting the default to the credit reference agencies.

Therefore we consider the debt as valid and owed and that the information we are reporting to the credit reference agencies is accurate and up-to-date.

As the Data Controller for the account we have a responsibility to report accurate and up-to-date information to the credit reference agencies. Where a default is entered for an account, this is reported for six years from the date of default.

Lowell adheres to all of the guidance, regulations and legislation that are relevant in this matter. We aim to act fairly and empathetically in all our dealings with all our customers.

We recognise that all our customers are individuals with particular needs and preferences and provide a range of communication channels and individually tailored repayment solutions for every customer - whatever their circumstances.

We have a right to contact you to request repayment of the outstanding balance and an obligation to inform you about the potential next steps that may be taken on an account. However, where there is a specific dispute on an account, we will investigate this and provide a full response.

You have requested a number of documents. We have requested a copy of the statement for this account fromVodafone which we consider as sufficient evidence of your liability for this debt and will contact you when we hear back fromVodafone"

What should I do now? Shall I just wait to see the documents they send me? Shall I reply to the email? Also I'm not even sure what would actally count as proof when they do send me something. If they even so.

I would be so grateful for any advice and help.

Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X