• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell CCJ after 5 years help please!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell CCJ after 5 years help please!!

Hi

looking for some advice. After mistakes in the past and being saddled with debt some of which was no fault of mine I have been working very hard to clear up my credit file.

i had what I believe was an old 3 mobile account dating back to 2011, my credit report is now showing a ccj, awarded 05/03/18 but at my previous address where I haven’t lived for a year.

i haven’t received no court papers etc nothing, I only knew by checking my credit file.

now my question is is there anything I can do about it, I’m upset as I have cleared lots of things which are now marked as satisfied, I’ve managed to get a credit card which has improved my scores no end, very small purchases paid off in full every month, I also have a car on finance which I have not missed.

2 dates are on the judgement, account start date 24/7/11 date of default 11/01/13. I’m upset as this would be due to drop off either July this year or jan next year depending on which date is used (I’m not sure which), now with a ccj that stays for a further 6 years? I’m really not sure which way to go with this one so any advice would be appreciated thankyou
    Tags: None

Set Aside Application

or if just issued then 28 days to pay it and it will not go on record??

Comment

So if I contact the county court before the 5th April will they take it off? I didn’t know this, what bothers me is it was put at my old address so did not receive any correspondence. What’s even more of a cheese off is the judgement is for £308, the actual debt was £41

Comment

;The CCJ rule is if you pay within 28 days the charge then not recorded. but a set aside will cot you £255 to apply, stating you never received the court forms, is your new address on the Credit reference agency files?

also Diana M to pop in here? or Amethyst
        Last edited by Kati; 18th March 2018, 16:51:PM.

Comment

Are you on benefits? as court fees remission if you are and go that route?

Comment

No my old address is showing on credit files, I have had to move house 3 times in the last 8 months, first time was choice, then the landlord needed to move back into the property, I found somewhere else but was not ready on the date I had to move out, so ended up in temporary accommodation until my new house is ready (tomorrow)

its not a or a sob story, it’s been very hard on me and my children and this is the last thing I need. Really is a kick in the teeth when I’ve tried so hard to put things right.

Comment

The address on the judgement is the initial address I first moved from 8 months ago, I lived there for 13 years

Comment

OK we have asked others more knowledge to look in so hang on there is time!

Comment

Mike is right, give the court a call tomorrow and check the actual judgment date - if it is the 5th March then you can pay it ( if you can ) and it will be taken off the register - you'd have to pay Lowell ( the claimant ) and ask them to inform the court - and you can send the court evidence of payment within 28 days from Judgment as back up.

Otherwise you you will need to apply to set aside the judgment using the info in Mike's link above. This may ( if you get the set aside ) remove the judgment and allow you to defend the original claim - or settle it to avoid it going back on the register( and credit file) - as it is £308, and the judgment was only awarded on 5th March 2018, it is likely to be less of a risk to try get it paid off directly.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X