• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist Portfolio/Robinson Way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah just a different name then.
    Wow 10k worth, I wish I had found this site a few years ago.
    As they haven't responded to my letter sent a couple of weeks ago, do you think I should hold back until they do as somebody else has suggested.

I think that I need to do a bit more reading up on things here.

Many thanks

Comment

Sorry, just re-read the thread and see what you are suggesting.

Comment

Ok so yesterday I had another letter from Robinson Way.
        This is in reply to the letter that I sent to them and it basically thanks me for my query and that they will investigate and then respond back to me with their findings.
        In the meantime they will put the account on hold.

I assume that they will look to see what they can find to enforce the debt, if this is the case then I will report back as and when I know what their findings are.

Many thanks

Comment

Hi ,

ive been dealing with Robinson Way for Hoist Portfolio about an Barclaycard debt too. I did the CCA request letter but they didn’t respond for nearly 5 months after which they sent what they say is a credit agreement. In addition to this they enclosed what appeared to be a letter from Barclaycard addressed to myself with words along the same line as the letter from Robinson Way. It didn’t even occur to me that the letter Barclaycard could be fraudulent. The logo on the letter that supposedly is from Barclaycard is all in black and white and now I look from a different perspective it looks like it’s been made up.

Comment

that copy is not unusual a , so copy from a base letter enclosed with welcome from us and goodbye from originators, so not fraudulent, need to concentrate on the CCA issued to you and its enforceability,

rob

Comment

Jane, it would appear that you have received something similar to me.
              The letter supposedly from Barclays had almost the same content as the letter from Hoist. The Barclays logo was different to anything else that I have received from Barclaycard and was also in black and white.

I will ill go on and guess that letter arrived in a buff envelope and will be identical to the one that came from Hoist rather than a white envelope that usually comes from Barclaycard. I am fairly confident that if you take your paperwork into a Barclays branch they will confirm that letter won't have originated from them.

i fully understand the principle of receiving letters from both parties concerned and had this with another credit card account when the debt was sold on. The letter from MBNA was genuine and the same terms I had transferred to Moorgate who were wonderful. That debt was payed off in full over 18 months ago.

If Hoist were totally above board then they wouldn't need to send letters that at first glance appear to come from the original lender.

Regards

Basil

Comment

most letters come from buyer in the same envelope i.e. welcome/goodbye and has done for years now, black wording in header suggest standard letter copied, so concentrate on the case I suggest ,

Comment

That's as may be Mike, I am just going on my own experience and as I mentioned in my previous post, all the paperwork that I originally received was looked over by a Barclays member of staff and confirmed that the one letter pertaining to be from Barclaycard was absolutely not and was considered to fraudulent. The member of staff's words not mine.

Moorcroft were the original company involved in administrating the account, when I questioned them regarding the letter it then resulted in them rapidly backtracking and bowing out of the game altogether. They stopped acting for Hoist and handed the account back.

Along comes Robinson Way, they had the same question asked of them regarding the letter and I told them that I have never had an agreement with their client and that they need to prove it if they think I have.

I recived a letter from them, thanking me for my response and advising that the account would be put on hold while they checked for an agreement.
                  That was over six months ago.

My point, and I still stand by it is that if Hoist were a decent honest company then they wouldn't have to send fictitious letters to people. Unless I am badly informed, and feel free to correct me, the law of this land is that to impersonate someone else is fraud. Or to quote the UK Fraud Act 2006 -
                  • "Fraud by false representation" is defined by Section 2 of the Act as a case where a person makes "any representation as to fact or law ... express or implied" which they know to be untrue or misleading.
                  Now who ever sent me a letter from Barclaycard knew that they didn't work for Barclaycard but wanted me to think that the letter originated from there and so hence the letter was fraudulent.

Anyone can can send letters to people saying they owe XYZ Plc money as they have bought an old debt from ABC & Co and then sends another there that looks like it originated from the original lender, someone is going to be taken in and just pay with no questions asked. I think it's called throw enough s*** at the wall and something will stick.

They know that they cannot enforce a lot of these old debts that they buy and so use all the dirty tricks to get people to pay.

Regards

Basil

Comment

unfortunatly many bank staff have very little knowledge in as much the steps after an account sold on to (say Hoist) and internal proceedures, and would in all fairness see that a letter head in Black, this would suggest spam, but as many of us know (we have seen these copies at times from different buyers) that they are accepted as such notification of new owner (in the same envelope as the new owners letter).

by the way the legislation states a CCA1974 must be produced in court pre 2007 or good true copy - yeah!!! Judges accept cases without them, (Experiance) and any complaint to regulators/solicitors regulators state ( if you are not complaining about your own engaged solicitor but claimants we do not want to know) fact!
                    Last edited by MIKE770; 19th August 2018, 10:52:AM.

Comment

But of course and sign of fraudulent letters then a complaint to :-http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...ting-note.html

also a SAR to originator should throw up information?

Comment

Came across this thread and thought I’d reach out for help please.
                        For the last 2 weeks I received text messages from Robinson Way asking for me to call them.
                        Today I received a letter stating “we need you to take action arrange a payment plan today. Due to HPH ltd ex welcome finance for an amount of just over 2k”. There are no dates given for the supposed debt, there is an account number.
                        As far as I am concerned I have no outstanding debt, have never missed any payments, entered any payment plans and have no idea who welcome finance are.
                        There is nothing shown on my credit report either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon17 View Post
                          Came across this thread and thought I’d reach out for help please.
                          For the last 2 weeks I received text messages from Robinson Way asking for me to call them.
                          Today I received a letter stating “we need you to take action arrange a payment plan today. Due to HPH ltd ex welcome finance for an amount of just over 2k”. There are no dates given for the supposed debt, there is an account number.
                          As far as I am concerned I have no outstanding debt, have never missed any payments, entered any payment plans and have no idea who welcome finance are.
                          There is nothing shown on my credit report either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best to start your own thread

Comment

Ok so Robinson Way are back on the case again as I have received another letter over the weekend. Nothing from them since February advising that the would put the account on hold while they look into things.

I can can scan and put up a copy of the cover letter later but the key points are:

They confirm that Moorcroft originally managed the account and then it was passed to Robinson Way. (I know all this)

They have enclosed the Notice of Assigment advising me that Hoist Finance UK have purchased the account and sending it to Moorcroft for collections activity. (no they haven't)

They have attached a copy of the initial letter sent advising me of Robinson Way managing the account. (no they haven't)

Barclaycard have provided them with a copy of my statements showing the last payment and the closing balance. (They have enclosed something that anyone could knock up on a PC but may or may not have originated from Barclaycard)

They also claim that Barclaycard have provided a copy of my application. (They haven't enclosed this though)

It then goes on to tell me that for a breakdown of my account balance, I need to send a DSAR direct to Barclaycard outlining all the information I require.

It then asks me to complete and return the enclosed financial statement with my proposal for payment and they will put the account on hold for 30 days to allow me to make contact.

The envelope contained that letter and the following:
                            financial statement
                            a letter dated 08/11/18 asking me to contact them regarding a payment plan
                            ways to pay with a bank giro slip at the bottom
                            Robinson Way privacy notice
                            the copy statement in duplicate

Where do I go from here.

many thanks

Basil

Comment

I would respond to them stating that they have not included the Notice of Assignment, the initial letter advising of Rob Way managing the account, nor the copy of the application or agreement which they have been provided with by Barclaycard. Inform them that you have sent a SAR to Barclaycard ( and do so ) and that you await a response, which, as they are aware, will take up to 30 days. Once you have received all the relevant documents from both themselves and Barclaycard, you will consider your position further. If you did send a CCA request previously remind them of their obligations with regards to this.
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst
                                I will write back to them and also contact Barclaycard as you suggest.

I fail to understand why they put in the letter about documents that are included in the envelope that aren't or explain events that I already know about.

Is it to pack the letter out a bit, as is mentioning that Barclaycard have supplied them with an application, which I assume is not the same as an agreement but is a keyword to frighten someone into thinking they have more than they do and agree a payment plan.

Yet again they make contact just before Christmas just as they did last year.

Regards

Basil

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X